Listings Showing as "Returns Not Accepted" even though I do accept returns in my Shop Policies

Jump to solution

All of my items are showing as "returns not accepted" on the listing page. I can't find any options in the listing editing manager to change this, so I'm thinking it's a glitch?

I first noticed it just with my newer listings, but now it is affecting all of them.

In my shop policies, I have had "I gladly accept returns, etc." enabled basically as long as my shop has been open. I've doubled checked it and it is still enabled.

Please help, as I do accept returns and don't want to scare off potential customers with this inaccurate label.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Listings Showing as "Returns Not Accepted" even though I do accept returns in my Shop

Jump to solution

For anyone else who runs into this: I've just found a temporary fix.

On my shop returns policy I had the box checked for no returns on custom items. Unchecking that and saving my policies page seems to have fixed it for now.

View solution in original post

5 Likes
25 Replies

Re: Listings Showing as "Returns Not Accepted" even though I do accept returns in my Shop

Jump to solution

I checked six of your listings and they all show that returns and exchanges are accepted. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Really?  I'm seeing "returns NOT accepted"

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thanks for checking! That's weird though, because I'm still seeing the "not accepted" text. Maybe they're testing something?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Odd. I checked a few more listings and still see returns and exchanges accepted. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I checked to see all our locations, wondering if that was the reason, since the OP only ships to the US - but both @secondarycreations and I are also in the US!

Crazy!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Well that's not supposed to happen!  I would contact Etsy Support and ask them to fix it.  I confirm, I am seeing what you described.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

0 Likes
NostalgieCT
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

In another thread a seller is part of an Etsy programming beta test and she's been reporting the forum. Prominent tags regarding returns were posted on her listing pages. Other forum sellers presumably not part of the test checked their pages and a few also had these prominent tags. Not great. I believe this is the thread:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/quot-Returns-Not-Accepted-quot/m-p/138056595#M13988...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for the link! I think I opted into beta testing a while back. I'll try to report the error to Etsy.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

For anyone else who runs into this: I've just found a temporary fix.

On my shop returns policy I had the box checked for no returns on custom items. Unchecking that and saving my policies page seems to have fixed it for now.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

i tried and that didn't work on mine, good thought though. thanks for the info. i'll reach out to support too. i agree i think that is a turn off because that is only accurate if personalized option is selected...hmm

1 Like

Jump to solution

I do not see a link in my shop to change the return policy.  I've searched everywhere. Even google gives the wrong information on how to accept returns on etsy.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem on a few of the items in my shop.

For some reason all of the cards in my "Note Cards - 5 Pack" category, and my "Note Cards - Single" category show a message under the title that says  "Return not accepted" on a blue background.  This would be incorrect.

If you view one of these items and page further down on the page to the shipping and returns policy section it says returns & exchanges accepted, exceptions may apply.  Which is fine.

I currently have 172 items in my shop, 104 items are showing this message in error.  The other pages in my shop are currently showing the correct message.

check it out here -

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1122157713/baby-bunny-stationery-woodland-animal?click_key=f83e57df00d4...

My shop SycamoreWoodStudio

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Wanted to add some additional detail to my previous enter -

I am viewing my shop using a desktop computer.

Also - I've looked through every listing and pinpointed the following anomalies in my shop:
for Section - "Note Cards - Variety Packs" -
of the nine items in this section 7 are correct and say returns accepted, but these 2 listings are incorrect -
https://www.etsy.com/listing/534664405/cat-lover-gift-idea-watercolor-note-card?click_key=a6036410d8...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/455796476/dog-walker-gift-watercolor-note-card?click_key=0765da3647b314...

For the section - "Note Cards - Single" - every listing is incorrect. (52 listings)
For the section "Note Cards - 5 Pack" - Of the 52 items in this section 48 are incorrect, but the following 4 display correctly that returns are accepted.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/244958849/pears-watercolor-note-cards-all-occasion?click_key=96523b4d16...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/520055964/cat-lover-note-card-set-watercolor?click_key=aab3ca3a31d4413d...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/518746982/cat-lover-watercolor-note-card-maine?click_key=fbd50792c24260...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/535303829/australian-shepherd-dog-note-cards?click_key=e6b05d8683653bd5...

1 Like

Jump to solution

@SycamoreWoodStudio I had a similar thing happening in my Shop. Although I have a 14/30 Return Refund Policy set, I did have "no returns on custom orders". When I turned this "off" the "No Returns" Badge disappeared.

I have had a look and you have a similar situation

The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
  • Custom or personalized orders
  • Digital downloads

I believe that you will have to turn these exclusions to "off" to have the "No Returns" Badge removed.

It is certainly a problem because, whilst your Shop may accept Returns, any exceptions for custom/digital etc will override your general Policy as far as that "Badge" under the Listing Title is concerned.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@CarpetCollectionAU- Thank you for the insight.

I've contacted etsy via email so that they can hopefully look into it.  Fingers crossed they do soon.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@SycamoreWoodStudio 

etsy is looking at the text in the listings too, you say this

...you can use them for many occasions, just add your own personalized message.....

you need to edit that word  out, something like

you can use them for many occasions, just add your own unique message.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids 

Thanks - I'll look into that too.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I see Returns Accepted.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids- THANK YOU - yes, that seems to have been the issue.  I went in and changed the descriptions for the listings and the correct message is now showing for each of my items.  APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

1 Like

Jump to solution

@SycamoreWoodStudio Thank-you for confirming that Etsy "bots" are now looking at specific wording in Descriptions as well a Policy Information and Listing Settings when placing the "Returns / No Returns" notification. This, clearly, needs revision as it is resulting in incorrect identification of Listings which cannot be returned.

1 Like
knitwit4ever
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I second this!  My made-to-order listings are saying "Returns not accepted' at the top; "returns accepted; some exceptions may apply" at the bottom.

I DO accept returns for made-to-order on a case-by case basis, and most can be returned/exchanged if needed.

0 Likes
knitwit4ever
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I have tried to remove the checkbox mark for "No returns for custom/personalized items" on the Shop Policies section...I can edit it, but there is NO SAVE BUTTON available to save the change.  It is still checked after I 'View Shop" and look at the policies.  All other sections seem to have an 'edit' and a 'save', so this may be a glitch. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.