TheGollyGirls
Inspiration Seeker

Listings NOT renewing automatically!

Please everyone, go to your listings, sort them by expiring soonest first.  Take note of the date shown for it to auto-renew.  If that date has already occurred, your listing is NOT being shown.  For some of us, it's a small number (and you will have to select to renew it and PAY for it).  For others, it's HUNDREDS of listings which is a big problem potentially destroying their sales.

ETSY, please be aware of this issue and work on a fix.  If you are a seller, please keep an eye on your listings and TELL YOUR FRIENDS who also sell so that they too aren't left in the dark about their listings not being shown.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
19 Replies
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Re: Listings NOT renewing automatically!

@TheGollyGirls   Any listing that renews, whether you do it yourself, or etsy does it, you still PAY for it, so that doesn't make any difference.   I don't have anything on auto-renew once they expire.  I have everything on manual.  When I relist, I always uncheck the renew automatically box.  I like to control my listings, rather than have etsy controlling them.

7 Likes
TheGollyGirls
Inspiration Seeker

I know we have to pay for them.  My point is that if a store has 100 listings that for some reason didn't renew as they should have (because they didn't notice this issue for some time), those fees for renewing them all at once might hurt, versus it coming out a little at a time as it should have.

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

I feel the same as @JustMeToo ... and manual renewal forces me to look at the listing and take a minute to tweak or update any details, especially as seasons change, or trends change and a new tag might be needed, or a price adjustment.

3 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

@TheGollyGirls   I am in my shop every morning with my first coffee, so I would notice if I had 100 listings gone!

2 Likes

@TheGollyGirls: "... those fees for renewing them all at once might hurt, versus it coming out a little at a time as it should have ..." But haven't you already budgeted for the renewal fees? And you get to use Etsy's $20 for a while.

1 Like

I had 3 set to renew September 30th that didn't. I was in chat with Etsy yesterday regarding this. She never figured it out but reassured me that it was being seen in search and was available to be purchased. I ended up manually renewing them (because I just wanted to make sure they're being seen) but will keep a close eye on my listings from here on out. 

3 Likes

Even if you have it set to Auto Renew, it won't if your quantity available has sold out. Could that be the problem?

0 Likes
TheGollyGirls
Inspiration Seeker

No.  These listings are set at the maximum allowed quantity.

0 Likes
MouseGarden
Conversation Maker

I've had an item with variations not renew even though there was one left of every kind.  

0 Likes

@TheGollyGirls: This may be related to an often reported issue of some manual renew listings not expiring.

"If that date has already occurred, your listing is NOT being shown." What are you basing this on? Does the listing show up if you search for it within your own shop? On your Listings page, is the affected listing in "Active" or "Expired"?

0 Likes
TheGollyGirls
Inspiration Seeker

The listings are not showing in the marketplace upon searching until they are renewed.  

0 Likes

I have all my listings on manual renew, but I've searched for them (private and logged in) and found them, so as far as my experience goes they're still indexed, even if they're technically expired.

It's still an issue though, and yeah everyone should be checking their near-expiration listings. If you're on top of it, you'd be checking their visits/hearts so you can assess possible new tags/titles before they go around again. If I have a listing that's up for a 3rd renewal I deactivate (turn off any auto-renew), re-take or re-arrange the photos, re-do the SEO, check the description and list it as a brand new item. Don't let your listings get dusty!

4 Likes

@BriarMoonBeads 

"so as far as my experience goes they're still indexed, even if they're technically expired"

Yep that's been my experience as well. They are all still indexed and searchable. 

2 Likes

@TheGollyGirls 

This has been going on for at least a year now. It's happening to both manual and auto-renew listings. Support knows and apparently hasn't been able to fix it as it's still randomly happening to many of us. I just manually renew them when I find one that is still active past it's expiration. I will note that they were all still showing in search and indexed when I  checked. 

3 Likes

I had an order last week for an item that was technically expired but still active.  The customer made an offer and when I went to put the item on sale for an extra 10% off it would not come up in the sale interface search.  Once I renewed it I was able to find the item in the sales interface and apply the extra discount.  So the order was active, searchable and even on my shopwide sale even though it was expired....  Strange glitch

0 Likes

In my first year using Etsy I noted that it did not auto renew my listings so I only manually renew my listings - which is a good thing - as I review, update and decide next steps on the inventory.  Bizarre, I don't understand why one would be given the option if it does not work?

0 Likes

I have been having the same problem- I do most manual but I guess they don't expire even though they show expired ages ago- plus can't add to my sales as op said. I guess if I knew the listing was being seen it's like oh wow free listings but I suspect it's buried even more? These listing do show up when I do a search.

It's such a puzzle- this has been a long time problem I'm surprised that etsy is leaving money on the table but not fixing this. I have no problem paying of course and have it done correctly and have some confidence that the listing is being shown. It's bad enough that the search is so terrible and my sales come from outside on google and I have to pay extra- grateful for any sale, believe me, but...

0 Likes

Bonjour@TheGollyGirls,

Moi pour mes annonces, je les ai toutes mises en renouvellement manuel et cela me permet de contrôler les annonces à renouveler ou pas.

Je vérifie donc régulièrement et si il y'a une modification à effectuer avant le renouvellement je le fais. Cela me permet également de maitriser le budget des concernant les frais de renouvellement.

Pas de surprise donc

0 Likes
miagefaellts
Conversation Maker

Betreff: Listings NOT renewing automatically!

I got this too, but i got changed it to manuell a half years ago. As I changed it my Viewers got back. I think Etsy has a Listing Format and Database Problem. And this is one of their Problems.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.