Listing didn't expire when it should have...

Jump to solution

Hey all, have any of you experienced this?

I have a listing that was in a "your listing is about to expire" email.  So I was looking for it to renew it. It wasn't in "Expired" it wasn't in "Sold Out." Finally I searched my listings, and it's still in the "Active" category with an expiration date of yesterday.  I'm so confused.  I'm guessing I can just renew it and all will be fine, but this has got to be a glitch. Yes, the listing is still showing up in my shop too.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DragonflyDreams1
Conversation Maker

Re: Listing didn't expire when it should have...

Jump to solution

This is not uncommon and has been happening on Etsy for well over a decade. Every week I encounter items that have an expiration date of the day prior and they are still active. Renew it now or wait until it expires, it doesn't really matter.

View solution in original post

2 Likes
15 Replies
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Jump to solution

it might be on auto-renew?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I thought that too, but other listings say "Auto-renews on..." while this one says "Expires on July 28, 2022." I'll give it a few hours and see if anything has changed; it's not causing me trouble. I just found it odd.

0 Likes
bitsyshandmade
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

It might expire today.  Sometimes listings expire a day or so after the posted expiration date.  You can wait until later today and see if it expires.  If not, try to renew it.  If it doesn't renew, then there is another Etsy glitch.

1 Like
DragonflyDreams1
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This is not uncommon and has been happening on Etsy for well over a decade. Every week I encounter items that have an expiration date of the day prior and they are still active. Renew it now or wait until it expires, it doesn't really matter.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Maybe I just haven't been very observant... I've been on Etsy for eight years, and this is the first time I've seen it. It did end up actually expiring at some point today, so this very well could have happened several times and it just slipped under my radar.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Bonjour , laisser vous jusqu'à ce soir car moi mes annonces que je renouvelle moi-même sont actif jusqu'au lendemain de la date d'expiration donc vous en l'occurrence jusqu'à ce soir ,après dès qu'elles ne sont plus actifs je les renouvellent

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Our experience is that a listing will actually move to expired on the following day (24 hour grace period?) but if in some places (like putting it on sale) it will not shop up until you have renewed it even if it is still in active listings.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy has never defined what they mean by four months and the listed expiration date does not always equate to the date it actually expired.  February is a perfect example.  Four months before, I will get listing expiration dates for three days that all say expired on February 28.  But they don't actually expire until March 1 or 4.  Months with only 30 days are the same but a lot less noticeable.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I've got a listing that is still active and showing up in my shop that has an expiration date of 4/30/22.  It didn't expire on that date, and I wondered how long it would stay active and available in my shop AFTER it's expiration date.  I'm STILL waiting to see when it will finally expire.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Jump to solution

That's wild! I've never had this happen before.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@LauriesGiftsBiz  It will stay active until it's sold.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I discovered that my listings were not expiring. I have moved to manual renewals to keep a better eye on stale listings. Tweak or “delete and relist” as needed. 
after going through about a week of NO expired listings, I realized there was an issue. 
Several days at the end of July; and then more than a straight week during August where listings that were due to expire had simply not expired. 
Also, my stats on the seller app were wonky. Basically not accurately reflecting my listing activity. The listings were there but my stats said I had no new listings. 

Etsy reps have been …. Not helpful. 
They offered to manually expire the listings FOR me (no, *I* can do that); they suggested I turn on auto-renew (no, but also that doesn’t even address the problem?). They do not seem to understand that my concern is: WHY are the listings not expiring? Especially when paired with stats not reflecting my listing activity, it seemed that Etsy was not “seeing” my shop. And based on my dismal sales activity, it was especially concerning. 
This morning I woke up to 23 RENEWED listings. I did not WANT most of them renewed! I do not have auto renew and I would have made changes to many of those listings. 
The response from Etsy has not explained ANYTHING as to what may be happening. And the issues are still ongoing. I am beyond frustrated and rapidly losing confidence in Etsy’s representatives.  

2 Likes
Donobob
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

bulk edit Renewal Options.

Turn on Auto renew and save.
Then edit again and turn them all to Manual.

That will probably solve your issue.
Won't get your near $5 back though.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks, Donobob.  I tried that, we will see if it helps but I am not hopeful. Again, I am not concerned about being able to manage the renewals (I can go in and manually deactivate, renew, relist etc) but rather WHY have these just not been expiring for basically the month of August? And WHY do Etsy reps not seem to understand that this is concerning. If Etsy's system doesn't recognize my listings correctly, it makes me wonder if the algorithm is also not recognizing things.  Like something is "stuck".  The fact that Etsy reps have zero explanation or attempt at one, or even a hint that they will try to find out is very concerning and frustrating also.  

And my stats also continue to do messed up sh*t in the seller app.  I already deleted and re-downloaded the app, it didn't help and now I have new problems.  Very glad I have not tried the NEW seller app, haha!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@VintagePussycatShop    It appears that first line Etsy customer service is a call center will a script book that contains canned answers and depending on you get will determine how well they can match your issue to a stock reply. 

There are a lots of threads reporting similar frustrations with the apps. The consensus seems to be to manage orders (and messages) via a browser not the app. And mobile browsers seem to have more issues than desktop browsers.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.