Listing Details: Materials

Jump to solution

Hello,

The Listing Details: Materials is missing Cotton. Can that be added to the list, please. My entire shop is made of cotton.

I see it in Fabric Type, but it belongs also in Materials (first).

Thank you very much,

Nancy Schafer

Phenomenal Women Shop

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TBQSC
Community Maker

Re: Listing Details: Materials

Jump to solution

All my items are made from cotton ... I am able to select Cotton from the available Fabric Type / Material / Fiber options.  The problem is that not ALL categories you can list items in have Cotton available to select, so in those cases, you can select Broadcloth or Linen or something similar.  You can always enter "cotton" in the Materials (optional) area just beneath where you enter tags section (old listing page).  Hope that helps!

Edited to add ... you can also add "cotton" to your listing titles.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies

Jump to solution

OP, sometimes in Etsy, you have to think in general terms. Can you choose "Fabric" under Materials? I often have to choose ceramic when really I am selling pottery or porcelain. Etsy doesn't allow for lots of specific terms.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PhenomenalWomenShop: "Can that be added to the list, please." Just so you know, even if Etsy Support or the Help Pages sent you here this is a seller peer to peer forum, and should not be considered a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes read and reply to posts).

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Bagmaker, I was an Admin, Support and IT person for 25 years.

My post does indeed fall under Technical Support. IT staff, I'm sure monitor these posts.

My post was not asking for a reply, rather a call for action by the IT department. As an IT person, I read the post, and fixed the call, or added it to a list of discussions for future enhancements. But I never replied back to the user with the request, never.

But thank you anyway.

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Jump to solution

All my items are made from cotton ... I am able to select Cotton from the available Fabric Type / Material / Fiber options.  The problem is that not ALL categories you can list items in have Cotton available to select, so in those cases, you can select Broadcloth or Linen or something similar.  You can always enter "cotton" in the Materials (optional) area just beneath where you enter tags section (old listing page).  Hope that helps!

Edited to add ... you can also add "cotton" to your listing titles.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you, TBQSC

1 Like

Jump to solution

If you add Cotton to the materials box (below the tag box) it will show under Materials

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks, Cappuccino.

[_]D

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.