Linking photos to variations not working

So I went to all the trouble to change a lot of my listings to link the photos to the color variations. Everything seemed to function fine while linking them, but they are not working or showing up in the shop when people try to check them. The photo stays on the main photo. Is this a known bug? I cannot seem to find anything on it on this forum which is awful to naviagate anyway. 

Thanks

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
31 Replies
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Re: Linking photos to variations not working

It worked when I checked =]  Try checking again

0 Likes
EDCCollective
Conversation Maker

Mine is working fine. I just relisted something and the photos switch when I click on the different items in the drop down. I am on a windows machine using firefox for my browser.

0 Likes

@PoshBabyBlooms 

I just looked at this listing  https://www.etsy.com/listing/701322246/baby-shower-gift-newborn-girl-headband?ref=shop_home_active_3...

The photos linked to variations seems to be working just fine when I select the option. It changes to photo of the grey set when I select grey, pink when I select pink etc etc. Perhaps it is a device or OS issue?  What device and OS are you using? Ipad or android tablet? Phone?Etsy app etc?

0 Likes

@WitticismsRus  I clicked on the listing you linked and the color variations are not working for me. I'm on an iMac using both Firefox and Chrome. Weird that it works for some people. Will you please tell me if my color variations are working for this listing? Thanks!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/645591363/california-state-map-custom-art-print?ref=shop_home_active_5&...

0 Likes

Well, you posted your concern a month ago and today July 15th ... the link to photo variations is not working.  Why did I even bother to spend all that time changing my listing... i have hundreds of listings all with variations.  Would someone from tech address this issue?

2 Likes

@slrfreespiritjewelry 

I just looked at a couple of your listings and the photo variations seems to be working just fine. 

0 Likes

I have the exact same issue with my listings.  The tech crew should try to post a video trouble shooting the cause of the issue.  Thank you all

0 Likes

This problem has not been fixed.  I am having the same problem.   I checked your listing and your variation photos are working in Chrome Incognito Mode or Internet Explorer.  Not for me with Chrome 10.  But it's not the browser, because it works on my husband's Chrome 10.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/701322246/baby-shower-gift-newborn-girl-headband?ref=shop_home_active_3

1 Like

Can someone check this listing for me and tell me if you see different photos when clicking on the color variations?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/645591363/california-state-map-custom-art-print?ref=shop_home_active_5&...

It's not working on my end. I'm wondering if it's because I also have size variations? Maybe it's too much for the software to handle, who knows...

0 Likes

@PoshBabyBlooms 

I'm having the same problem. But I just wanted to say that your shop is gorgeous! I'm expecting my 1st in November (a girl), and I will defintely be browsing your shop tomorrow. :-D

0 Likes

deleted as Etsy posted reply twice...

0 Likes

@LaRenaissanceGirl, I checked and the variation photos only work for me in Chrome Incognito Mode.  I'm having the same problem with variation listings.  It's not the browser, because my husband was able to see the variation photos using Chrome 10 - but I can't unless I go Chrome Incognito or use Internet Explorer (yuck).   

I think it's an Etsy bug related to the Etsy app announcement yesterday about ios users having access now to variation photos.  

Here's one of my variation photo listings... 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/710003302/rustic-dollhouse-rug-miniature-crochet?ref=shop_home_active_2...

2 Likes

@PugcentricPursuits  Okay, thanks for checking!

1 Like

I love the irony of how Etsy keeps putting reminders in my dashboard to try the listing photo variations. And every time I see it, I'm like "yeah, I've tried it. It doesn't work. Maybe fix it before advertising something glitchy?"

3 Likes

On the other hand... congrats to Lithium (or whoever owns these boards now) for finally implementing spell check! What a nice surprise this morning. LOL

0 Likes

Mine are not working either

0 Likes
Taitaya
Crafty Poster

Mine worked for a while, but lately I have tried to upgrade the photos and the new linked images just aren't sticking. They are reverting back to the photo I originally linked to. 

0 Likes
YesterHomeUK
Inspiration Seeker

I have issues with this also, it works for a while and then stops, when I go to edit my listing none of the photos are linked again, so frustrating that I have to keep going on to fix the issue every week costing me time and money as customers don't know which item is which!

1 Like
MyVanityCrafts
Inspiration Seeker

Linking photos to variations not working. Etsy, could you please fix problem.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for posting this, I thought I was going crazy! I also cannot get photos to link to variations today, although I was able to just last week... Went searching for answers and found this thread. Hope Etsy resolves the glitch quickly.

0 Likes

Thank you for your post.  All of my pre-existing listings with my color variations work, however, I cannot add any new listings using this feature. 

0 Likes

This has been going on for a few days now, it's a real headache. Anyone at Etsy working on this? It needs fixing asap.

0 Likes
IndianCultures
Inspiration Seeker

Hello,
Please resolve This issue Same issue is going on Our Etsy Shop . Check this link in many listing having same problem 

https://www.etsy.com/in-en/listing/821274028/large-floor-cushion-outdoor-decor-pouf?click_key=c8e8fc...

0 Likes

Hi I have exactly the same issues with our varation listings https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1166750431/all-creations-40x60cm-pattern-designs?transaction_id=3034...

I am now listing these singularly but that is costing more money

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.