Items will not be automatically relisted after 120 days

I have had the problem for a year that many items are not automatically relisted after 120 days but continue to run forever without being renewed. This problem always arises when Etsy is making a lot of innovations. I can't say whether there really is a connection. Since it ultimately affects my visibility, I now renew it manually when I notice it. I would just like to know if others have this problem too.
Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
12 Replies

Re: Items will not be automatically relisted after 120 days

I currently have items that should have expired at the begging of last December in one of my shops.  I have started to renew them as I don't want Etsy to notice them and charge me for all the time they were active when they should have expired.  I have no idea why Etsy thinks I should be charged for their mistake or why they can renew all these items to expire on the same date but that has been known to happen.  I don't need the big bill for these renewals or need hundreds of listings that all renew on the same day.

0 Likes

I have had the same thing happen in the past.  The first time it happened, I contacted Etsy and was told it was their mistake and I wouldn't be charged (in another shop).  I had the same thing happen last year in another shop and it finally corrected itself and I wasn't charged.

2 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Wait ....

You don't want to renew something, and Etsy will not comply with that. Etsy refuses to let it expire.

And then Etsy charged you for the time that Etsy refused to allow you to let it expire?

0 Likes

I have no idea if Etsy will charge me when they catch the mistake.  But others have reported this happening.  If it does, I will certainly argue about it but that does not take care of the problem of all the listings they fix now expiring on the same day and it is a lot of listings.

0 Likes

1 Like

Unfortunately I´m denied access there.

0 Likes

@VintageKreativecke you now have to be signed in to view all of the forums. If that is not working and you ARE signed in then unfortunately you have an additional Etsy issue.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Yes, it's a known problem which has been happening for some time now.

3 Likes

Betreff: Items will not be automatically relisted after 120 days

`Why isn´t the problem resolved? Etsy loses a lot of fees because of this.

0 Likes

Betreff: Items will not be automatically relisted after 120 days

But why should I be concerned about Etsy's failure to fix glitches and programming errors resulting in them losing fees.  They should lose fees until they get large enough to force them to fix them.  I am more concerned about them all expiring or renewing at once since it is more than half of one of my shops.

0 Likes

I have a handful of listings that seem to have eternal life ... I consider it a bonus.

I have tracked these though ... and they don't seem to get much attention ... so it doesn't seem to be much of a bonus.

The first time I noticed the listings were from Feb 28. I thought it had something to do with a leap year. But now I have a few with other dates. And I also have expired listings with those exact same dates. Weird, but not really a big problem.

1 Like

@VintageKreativecke  "Since it ultimately affects my visibility" - how? 

I have an item like this that hasn't renewed in 2 years. I would have let it expire by now, but have no way to make that happen, so it just sits there, completely searchable & ready for purchase. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.