SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Items in stores disappear when scrolling

This has been happening for the last week or so. When I click on an item from search and then click on the sellers storefront and scroll down to see more items, after a few seconds everything disappears and it’s says no items  found. 
The categories are still there though and I can click into those to get to an item. 

This also happens when I’m in the forum and click directly into a sellers storefront. 

There are days that it occurs to maybe (I’m guessing) 50% of the shops I’m looking at and sometimes, like today on almost all of them. 

I tried it on my iPhone app and on my PC browser using firefox  or chrome. 

I‘m actually concerned that this is affecting sales. It is very frustrating to try to shop and I can just imagine that if this is happening to my potential buyers they will just give up and look elsewhere. 

Is anyone else having a similar experience? I tried to find past forum posts with a similar problem but couldn’t find any. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
33 Replies

Re: Items in stores disappear when scrolling

if you scroll down to the bottom of this, is it the same problem?

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/items-not-coming-up-in-search/m-p/139602219#M728530

2 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Betreff: Items in stores disappear when scrolling

Yes, I was actually the ‚lady‘ that @daisysjewellerygifts  mentioned. Some shops I checked this morning are fine now. Others it continues on. 
It’s now only on the app. The browsers are all fine. 

2 Likes

Hi ,

just letting you know you're not the only one with search issues.

i had/still have a similar problem.

started about six weeks ago.  I'm using a home pc/windows 10/latest chrome. ( i have other computers/os versions  .. no problems with them)

I've been using this computer / setup from day one on Etsy... about six weeks ago did a search on Esty , as do most days , type in search word,

press enter and up comes hundreds of shops  ... for about 2 seconds !    then all the pictures disappear.

all I'm left with is the   'add to basket box.'. if i click on add to basket ,  i can see the sellers item in the basket.

I've had to resort to using other browsers and switching between them .

there's no problem using windows / chrome for my shop/ adding listings , pictures etc...  just the search feature.

I think its a google / chrome issues. i use/ search Etsy from my other laptop/ home tv / mobile phone/ tablet

without any problems   ..... even Xp still works !

i've been trying to find the problem for weeks .. 2 new versions of windows , new monitor ,checked my virus software, graphics card ,scanning programs, , renewed shortcuts ,clean cache daily , up dates, up date windows / chrome ,

i have lots of software on this computer ..  desk top programs , serif graphic programs , 3d programs , design programs,artwork / picture programs , ham radio programs  etc ... 

absolutely no issues with any one of them .. 

i think this is an Etsy / chrome problem ..

i've given up with it .   i think you're right about putting off potential buyers .. if they can't see the items then i imagine they would just not bother..

regards,

chris

3 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

Did you contact Etsy about it?

Cleared cache and cookies?

0 Likes

@AnnaleasFinest i think they said they clear it daily.

1 Like
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

@daisysjewellerygifts 

you're right.

0 Likes

Yes I have had it, not all the time just occasionally. I do see the products in the sections (if they have those), but nothing in the overview and when I click on the sections nothing again. I thought the shop might not be available to my region first, but now I just think it is a glitch or something. Very odd indeed. 

3 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Betreff: Items in stores disappear when scrolling

Today for me it’s only on the app. I’ve had it with chrome and firefox a few days ago. I also tried different regions and some shops shipping to my country, some not. Even digital shops sometimes. This is really random and there is nothing were I can say this is why. 
@NativityKnits  yours is doing it where items don’t show @ByVanillaMintDesigns  yours seems fine. 

2 Likes

well i'm sorry to say my wife and I have just about given up ... losing enthusiasm for Etsy. 

we make a lot of other things not shown on Etsy.. such as miniature  , smaller than 12th scale , hand carved cricket bat,miniature fully working parasols, miniature leather covered coach pram, walking sticks, miniature leather suitcases, daleks to name a few .

we were thinking about trying to expand a bit , but given the current situation on Etsy and the economy in general we probably won't bother.

it's ok if someone can see the items and doesn't buy , but if they can't see it it's a bit pointless.

regards

2 Likes

I have to agree, if people do not like what they see and do not buy its not a problem but when they actually cant see anything in your shop then it is a major problem, i really hope this gets sorted out soon as what should be the busiest shopping time of the year will be approaching soon.

1 Like
AUNTYANNIESATTIC
Conversation Maker

This could be the exact reason so many are having issues with views, likes, and sales .. I know everyone thinks the economy is the problem and I am sure it has a small part , but the fact browsing is sketchy and glitchy could make a potential buyer move on to another site

5 Likes

i think this needs bumping as its a really important issue and will be affecting many sellers.

3 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

BUMP !!

1 Like

bump

1 Like

I have just gone into the help centre to see if i can contact someone about this issue and show them the screenshots i have but even thats not working again now!

0 Likes

you are right - whoopsie again

1 Like

Yeap! cant seem to get anything repaired correctly, i dont hold out much hope with this issue getting sorted out anytime soon either.

0 Likes

@daisysjewellerygifts 

I can't get through via community and help,

but the last time I got through, I bookmarked the link, and this works for me for an e-mailed logging - it must bypass whatever is wrong with the etsy "community and help" link

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_update_account_email-contact_selec...

1 Like

@CraftyCornishMaids   thanks i will try it.

1 Like

i have just emailed Etsy about this issue along with the screen shots of my empty looking shop, so i really hope they get back to me soon and sort this problem out.

0 Likes
OwlAlwaysKnit
Conversation Maker

1 Like

Shame we cant reply to that and tell them "ERRMM no its not!! "

0 Likes

@daisysjewellerygifts 

you can "report" it, and say it's a false statement  : -)

1 Like

@CraftyCornishMaids   that did make me chuckle.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.