Hi, I was just editing one of my listings for a greetings card, I then got the 'Something went wrong' Etsy error page. I then went back into my listings to see if it had saved my edits but my listing had entirely disappeared. I then noticed it had been deactivated by Etsy along with another of my greetings cards. I'm so confused and a bit panicked. These are my own watercolour illustrations of deer, very innocent handmade greetings cards. I have in fact been selling one of them since last year, and one is my bestseller, so why now?

None of the tags or titles, or descriptions violate anything I can see. I have no emails or messages to explain why this has happened. Honestly, I'm quite upset as these are Christmas designs and I rely so my on the festive season for the majority of sales.

Before I contact Etsy with my anger and frustration, I wondered if anyone else has recently had any innocent listings taken down in error with no warning? Many thanks.

SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Re: Items deactivated with no explanation - error?

It's just a guess but the fact that your name is in your listings seems to support that guess.

Hopefully they correct it soon.

Your artwork is lovely.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
TheInkyDeer
Conversation Maker

@SmudgePlant Thank you so much. Yes, hopefully bots are brought under control! There must be lots of people affected if it is 'Daisy' bringing down listings.

1 Like

@TheInkyDeer You could change your name to Amber--lol

2 Likes
TheInkyDeer
Conversation Maker

Brilliant haha What a nightmare that would be! I'm refusing to remove my name from descriptions at the moment and I'll see what happens - hopefully Etsy tones down the bots.

0 Likes
JudyStalus
Conversation Maker

I had a photo of daisies deactivated this morning then reactivated about an hour later.

0 Likes

I had FORTY listings deactivated by Etsy a little while ago. No reference to amber or daisy. 

They've been hitting my dzi beads hard. Trust and Safety said I need to remove any reference to Iran and make a clear statement that I'm getting the beads from Tibet. I was working on adding "Sourced from Tibet" and all 4o that I edited with NO REFERENCE EVER to Iran......POOF. The listings disappeared with NO explanation and NO justification that I can find. The "Request a Call" is not working. They messaged me after I requested assistance via email and told me they reimbursed me for the listing fees but NO THEY DID NOT. 

Prior to this I had 27 beads deactivated that took almost 2 weeks for them to reinstate, prior to that I had 17 beads deactivated and reactivated = all over the past 2+ months. 

Every deactivation has been reactivated prior to today so obviously the beads are NOT prohibited. Been through the list of sanctioned countries and Tibet is not one of them. Been through the "clear as mud" seller handbook and NOTHING there that would tell me the beads are prohibited. 

I am NOT feeling all this "AI" crap right now. I also have 4 listings that disappeared from my shop that only showed up when using my phone to view , I relisted them and POOF! Gone and nowhere to be found except in my billing statements where I was charged. One is a handknit by ME shawl. Gone. 

0 Likes
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

Now I have to change my daisy listings and Russian babushka doll ornaments...

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.