Lasaris
Crafty Poster

Item suspended due to not being handmade in error - no response from Help Support

I have an item that has been suspended due to not being handmade when it is handmade (again). We design, hand make, and finish the items in house.

The photos etc have been copied to AliX/Temu/etc so the bot has picked it up and removed it.

I have contacted support and they have not responded at all apart from an AI response via e-mail (not in the ticket) that is not relevant.
It has been over 3 days now when previously we have always got responses within 24 hours.

How do I contact support to have the listing reinstated and the policy violation removed?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Item suspended due to not being handmade in error - no response from Help Support

I have always contacted Etsy Support via chat on my dashboard.

0 Likes

Re: Item suspended due to not being handmade in error - no response from Help Support

"The photos etc have been copied to AliX/Temu/etc so the bot has picked it up and removed it."

Exactly. 

You know the problem.

You need to pursue your legal rights and have those photos and listing taken down or you will continue to have problems with Etsy. How is Etsy supposed to know YOU are handmaking items when there are so many cheaters and liars on Etsy reselling factory made items? 

Good luck.

3 Likes

One reason you need to follow through and issue takedown notices wherever you find the item photos.  Let Etsy know that you are pursuing this.

When they find the photos elsewhere they assume the item is not handmade.

Best wishes

0 Likes

@Lasaris: Make sure that you keep copies of the DMCA take downs you file and the responses from the sites so you can submit them to Etsy if they require additional proof to reinstate your listing(s).

0 Likes
hitalyashop
Inspiration Seeker

I mistakenly listed a product that I sell the most as handmade, although I am selling materials, that is, wedding arch flowers, but I chose it as a finished product :((( it has been suspended, what will I do? This is the list of my best sellers)

0 Likes
EtchedinTimeLLC
Conversation Maker

I had something taken down yesterday just because my pictures were SIMILAR to some on Aliexpress.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.