Item delivered but still marked Pre-Transit

This problem appears in Forums frequently. Is there a fix?

I have an order which has been delivered - by USPS - but still shows as Pre-Transit.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes
58 Replies

Re: Item delivered but still marked Pre-Transit

1 Like

I had three last week, still showing pre-transit, all delivered. I haven't seen any resolution to this yet. Just to inform any customers that contact you panicking (for orders in transit that still show "pre-transit") to check the tracking on the USPS website, not on Etsy. My shipping score for star seller hasn't changed so I am hoping it's not going to affect it.

5 Likes

Yup I have 2 that delivered but still say Pre-Transit now I most likely will not have star seller badge next month.

5 Likes

It seems that this is also the case with Canada Post.  I sent a package yesterday that still shows Pre-transit on Etsy but has been scanned twice already.  

If it counts against us for the Star Seller badge, a lot of people will loose it unfairly.

0 Likes

Oh well, it just updated!  I guess, it was only a very long delay...

0 Likes

@IreneStitches If you request a callback, Etsy Support can fix the shipping status for you. Chat cannot fix them. They just tell you they are working on it.

0 Likes

@ChristmasIsLove 

I just did the chat and it did fix the issue on the two that were delivered and still said pe-transit. 

0 Likes

@Beanieandthings I'm glad Chat worked for you. I've seen other sellers report the same, but I tried Chat before I requested a callback, and Chat simply said they were working on it. Phone support fixed it right away. Obviously, it depends on what agent you get.

2 Likes
PeoplePackages
Conversation Maker

I am having this issue as well on only 1 of my orders, glad to find this info.

2 Likes

It sure would be nice to have some open communication from Etsy as to how this will be handled for those with SSP concerns as well as addressed to buyers who are irritated their package hasn't shipped out.

4 Likes

I have one stuck in "pre transit" that was delivered March 7, 2023.  Do I really need to call to have this fixed?

0 Likes

@PooglesCorner Etsy might be trying to fix the issue, but I would not wait more than a couple of days. 

1 Like

I used the Chat today, and my issue was taken care of.  

1 Like

I also have one that is pre-transit and has been in the mailstream since Monday. When I went to the post office website just now there is a message that it (the website) is currently unavailable.

0 Likes

I've got a bunch of them this month - SS shipping still shows 100% though, so I don't think it matters.

1 Like

@PillowDetails Some shops are affected by percentages dropping. In my case every shipment stuck in pre-transit lowers my score 5%. Somewhat astounding. I noticed my latest pre-transit shipment adjusted itself overnight. Glad I didn't have to contact Etsy again as it is becoming tiring.

3 Likes

My shipping drops with each one.  I don't know why it's dinging some and not all.  One more and buyers think I drop the ball on shipping.  So yes, it's an issue that is making a difference

4 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

My percentage is dropping and none of my March shipments have shown up on the csv at all. I've shipped almost 30 orders this month.

0 Likes

@PillowDetails 

I have 8 showing on my CSV as pre-transit since the end of Feb. through yesterday. (6 of them have been delivered.) Not all of my shipments are stuck in pre-transit phase, but the ones that are, are being counted against me. One of them is over $250.

I'm not going to bother trying to contact chat at this time -- I'll wait until the end of the month to see if it's been resolved yet.

1 Like
hbhill
Conversation Maker

@PillowDetails  I have three orders showing PreTransit with tracking that have been delivered. My rating has dropped the past two days. 

I've reported it, but I'm just told they have forwarded my info to tech support. Hopefully, it will be fixed within the next few days. 

2 Likes

I have five saying pre=transit and one is missing, all the others have been delivered.  But it dropped my shipping numbers considerably.  This is going to take forever to cycle back up if it does.  If it doesn't then, I'm still stuck with loss of the shipping badge from the end of month when this started.  I don't know how I am ever going to recover.  I lost the message badge a couple months ago.  I don't get messages hardly at all, and so it will take forever to regain that.  People just place orders in my shop because I have pretty much everything on the menu that they need and can select.  So a loss of answering one message(which I didn't even see)  became critical to my Star seller that I had been carrying.  Now This!  I have already had one worried customer thinking I wasn't going to ship on time.  That shows you that people are paying attention to the star seller badges and it can really hurt a good shop overnight.  I know they are working on this.  Etsy is really a huge work horse and I am sure somehow it will straighten out.  If not, I guess people are just going to have to trust my work when it arrives to them. 

0 Likes

@Jaydlins I just did the chat this morning and it did fix the issue on the two that were delivered and still said pe-transit. Can you have them call you back? They can fix it. You just have to contact them.

0 Likes

My shipping status has dropped considerably. Of the 5 saying "no tracking" all 5 have it. Two delivered but saying pre-transit. Annoying for sure.

2 Likes

@AllAboutTheButtons Did you get a receipt from the post office with the tracking number? I know it is a pain, but I always get it scanned in person and get a receipt. If you did not have tracking thats another story.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.