Item Hearts Are Missing

Is anyone else not seeing the heart on a listing?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
23 Replies

Re: Item Hearts Are Missing

I don't see them either. I wonder how long that has been going on for. Would explain the lack of favourites lately!

4 Likes

Unintentional nesting error... eek

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Yes, another Seller posted about this a short while ago.  Sure enough, there were no Hearts on their thumbnails when I checked. I have no idea when this started.

1 Like

It started the same day the photos in our listings were changed to square format, I am hoping it was temporarily disabled to enable users to crop there first picture their thumbnail picture to size and that it will come back, this is how I shop on Etsy not by using search but by favouring items I see in other people's favourite lists.

2 Likes
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

Yep, they have disappeared, I only see the heart when I click into a listing and below "add to basket" is a red heart with "add to collection"

6 Likes

this place is seriously glitchy right now. I suggest opening your extensions and toggle them off and on again and click on Update
chrome://extensions/

I also ran my Ccleaner several times and the hearts are showing up again. I don't know if this is a solution or if etsy got hit with an overwhelming # of requests for help. Earlier I couldn't open any links without getting a "Bad Link" notice?

Summertime and the coders are busy. 

4 Likes
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

But busy on the wrong things, unfortunately.

6 Likes

My hearts have disappeared also.  If you click on an item in someone site that has favored something on your site you will see all the items on his site no longer have hearts showing what you favored in the past.  If you click on one of these items where the heart is gone it will come up with the heart showing if you already favored it in the past.  Puts a real crimp in favoring anything because of how much time this takes. 

3 Likes

Must be yet another test, because I'm still seeing hearts as usual. I can heart anywhere from the search results, to a shop front, to inside a listing, right on the top corner of image, don't have to go off to the side. 

Like most, I don't see the purpose or how this is supposed to help anyone...

4 Likes

I'm also seeing the hearts and I'm usually stuck into every test lately.  I could see a purpose tho - it would slow down the serial favoriters.  They wouldn't fav every. single. thing. on every search page if it meant having to open the listing in order to do so.

4 Likes

Whyyyyyy though???
I noticed a lack of favorites too. Usually when I post a new item I get tons of "hearts". This makes zero sense to me, ugh!

1 Like

no hearts to be seen !

1 Like

I first saw someone mention it yesterday.  I'm seeing hearts when you hover in search results, but not in shopfronts.  Checking mobile now -same situation on the Buyer app, but still seeing hearts in shops on the browser/desktop site.

0 Likes

Still no hearts for me too...

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Like yesterday, today I see no Hearts in the Shop Front.  I do see them in search results (desktop computer, Chrome).

0 Likes

Newbie. Same here

0 Likes

I came here to see if others saw the missing hearts. Not getting as many favorites as usual and traffic down this month YOY.

1 Like

Currently shopping for something on Etsy - and now I'm good and p*ssed off, because I can't see items that I have already faved on search result pages.  I mean, when you are looking at things that are very similar, and go to the trouble to open a listing and read the details, and then click the heart - go back to search results and can't tell which items you already viewed and faved?  What a waste of time.  Did not consider this aspect, until I'm seeing it as a Buyer right now.

3 Likes

I too have same issue...No hearts when I go to a shop, I have spoke in chat with Representative twice now and did what they suggested,... Cleared Cache, reboot, even scans and nothing. 

This is part of bringing shoppers to your storefront and is affecting us.

Please fix this Etsy.

2 Likes

It is tiresome I see something I want to heart, and can't then go into the item to heart it, and see I already did before, go back out and to the next one and I want to heart it too, go in and again I already did... So then I tried to set up a search for items in only one shop and can't just to be able to heart from the search but they don't all show up as I'd like.  It's not fun and easy and fast as it used to be... Making things more difficult does not encourage it and YES it does affect everything - why were the hearts created - to show you like something someone made... and it's been taken from us - it this supposed to be a way to save $ in the entire ETSY format?   Please Esty - bring the hearts back as they were.  I too prefer the previous listing format as it was faster - only 2 pages to scroll down to create a listing, now it's overly scrolling and scrolling and scrolling, and scrolling...  Not nearly as efficient as before.  Improvements should improve - not deter... My opinion of course.   Improvements might be error correction.  And when a person says no when something changes, maybe allowing the previous format would encourage that person, and not be a detriment.  Maybe have sellers that use certain options could be asked if they want to test out something (not just arbitrarily select people) and if they test it and say no, it would NOT be changed...  Again - just my thoughts.  I do thank-you for listening.  Please send some announcement to the shops notices to tell us when a roll out is being tested.  Thank-you.

1 Like

Hi everyone, 

My name is Karl, I am helping my mom fix this issue with the hearts not showing up, This is due to a security update that was pushed out to major web browsers like Chrome, And Microsoft Edge or Firefox. There was a huge security flaw in how the browser handled tokens and saving that token on your temporary browser folder which someone was then able to take and use on any computer giving them access to passwords and emails without even needing to login to the accounts. When this update was pushed out the opted to force all the old temporary files to be ignored by which ever browser you use. Etsy uses temporary files to store data like the syntax used for favoring of shops. If you run a program like CClearner or something similar to clear out all the old temporary files. Will will have your hearts to favorite shops and items again. 

0 Likes
TheArtfulTwig
Conversation Maker

And here I was thinking that it was all metaphorical...you know, Etsy losing its heart, and all...

I mean, the hearts are gone, at least from what I'm seeing. 

0 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

Betreff: Item Hearts Are Missing

Same here, started with August.

I can favorite from the Etsy search page, but not from Shop pages. I have to open the item first.

I also can't see what I already favorited!

Favorites have massively dropped due to this cumbersome clicking marathon.

I forwarded my BUYER feedback to Etsy chat and hope you do as well!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.