MirrorsForTheSun
Inspiration Seeker

Item Details Moved

Why was the Item Details portion of our listings moved?

It's ridiculous, I only found out as I was trying to buy something from another seller ,and noticed there were no details. I checked my shop and saw it was the same. I couldn't even find the "Item Details" dropdown until I saw in another thread where someone mentioned where it was, and I was looking everywhere!

Does ETSY take into account the perspective from sellers? This is a terrible change. I can't imagine who thought this would be a good idea? The layout is completely counterintuitive. They made it difficult for a customer to try to navigate, and as a seller... FRUSTRATING!!! We take so much time to put the details in, only for ETSY to hide it from our customers.

I honestly don't know how to communicate with them anymore where they will listen.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
10 Likes
14 Replies

Re: Item Details Moved

Absolutely agree with you. It is a terrrible idea and it isn't the first time it has happened. It happened last year too but thankfully Etsy reinstated the normal position of the details after many protests from sellers. I flagged up also via Star Seller chat. I will do so again.

I resorted to putting a message in capitals on my front page to inform buyers where to look for the item details and I have done so again in the hope they might see it.  By coincidence (or not) I am having the worst month for sales ever. 

I sell vintage items .....each item is different and needs a tailored description in detail. I wonder if Etsy appreciates sellers like us or is just catering for the millions selling tat from China and the Far East!!  All the best and let's hope they right the situation soon as.

5 Likes

@FrenchVintageBibelot: "I resorted to putting a message in capitals on my front page" The problem with this is that only a minority of visitors go to your shop home page, and you do not know if 1% or 99% of your visitors are in the test group (tests are run on viewing accounts not selling accounts).

1 Like

Yes, me too, sales dropped right down after they have been increasing each month and it coincided with this "experiment". Is it time we organised a petition? I'm not sure how but certainly willing to try. Etsy admin needs to know we are all unhappy about this change and how its effecting our sales...

0 Likes

They are forever moving things around.  It's not good for sellers nor buyers to find that things are never the same from one week to the next!!

5 Likes
bobsiDi
Crafty Poster

No wonder I am not getting sales either. Item details not where they should be. Hope this is just one of their other horrible tests!!! Already had an inquiry from a buyer who didn't even know my location country. What's the point in adding descriptions if they have to search and search. 

2 Likes
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

Never mind....

0 Likes

Everything I sell is custom, made-to-order.  All the instructions are in the "item details".  The shipping policy and item details get lost with it in small print right under the picture and above the reviews.  They need to make it a larger font, change the color of the font, or change the font completely to make it stand out.  People are scrolling...they are reading fine print anywhere.

1 Like
PillowCrafter
Inspiration Seeker

I'm having the same issue.  I spent a great deal of time today - at two different times -  trying to explain to the Help rep that the title of each item is not the description.  The  rep repeatedly sent me screenshots to show me that my descriptions are indeed where they're  supposed to be, even though they aren't.   I give great details and multiple photos so that my customers will know exactly what I produce.  If this is a recent change, the Help reps should at the very least be aware of it and inform sellers of that fact so we don't waste our time.

1 Like

The item details haven't been moved, they are just under another tab. Same for the shipping info. Both are visible only if you click on the text.

0 Likes

@PillowCrafter: This is a test by Etsy against viewing accounts and obviously you are in the test. Accounts not in the test will see the "normal" listing page. What we do not know is what percentage of the accounts looking at our listings are in the test.

0 Likes

Whoever made this change is someone who does not sell on Etsy. This was one of the dumbest things I have experienced as a seller on this platform. My sales have declined as a result of people not seeing the item details. 

5 Likes

I dunno what Zoomer Ai thought this was a good idea, but it is ridiculous to have to not only click to show any description at, THEN you have to click expand after that to see it all! It is like they are trolling us at how bad of an idea this is.... Absolutely NO sellers asked for this. By default it looks like the details are blank to a typical buyer. If they keep this up we'll have to start putting the description in the photos.

2 Likes

another one of those stupid changes that no one wants, they just give us headaches... 

2 Likes

Mine went back to normal yesterday.  I did give feedback on it and asked if it was a test to please remove me from the test.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.