ARTCoByVicky
Inspiration Seeker

Issue with bank card

This is my first time so i have something dont understand and need Etsy support team help as below
1- I just created my shop on Atsy yesterday with the name ARTCobyVicky.
And yesterday your supported team have contacted to me to try to verify my bank card, i received a  noticed after many time time tried, the notces says that the money will be transfer to your card within 24h . But your team supprted said that just hold and return in few minutes. So i dont understand what happened? Please help me to explain that.
2- Today i received sms from my bank says that i have used my card by EUR, so strange as i never do that and also dont by anything oitside Denmark. So please help me check what is your Atsy processed by EUR  or take any deposit on my account by EUR.
3- And help me to check out account on Atsy activated or not.
I hope i can get feedbak from you as soon as possible and i am so worry about my bank acoount.
Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Issue with bank card

That was a scam message. It's not from Etsy.

0 Likes

Your post is a little confusing.  Your shop is active.

Did this 'support team' contact you through a regular message or was it through the ''from Etsy'' folder?

Did they first ask for your email address and then sent another message through your regular email?  Did they have you click any links in that email message and input any banking or credit card information?

If any of the questions above were answered with yes, you most likely received a scam message.  Contact your bank again and explain what happened.  Hopefully, they can help you.

1 Like
ARTCoByVicky
Inspiration Seeker

Poor me, exactly you said. I received email and click the link verify bank acoount. And after that chat with support team and submit all bank information. Thank you for your information. I will contact my bank 

0 Likes
ARTCoByVicky
Inspiration Seeker

But in Asty also website for seller, also input card information, is it right?

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Yes, you will need to add your credit/debit card on the billing page in the shop manager.

Finances > Payment Settings > Billing

Your card will only be used for billing (paying fees, refunds etc.) if there are not enough funds available in your Etsy payment account. 

0 Likes

Only in the financial section of your dashboard.

Etsy will never ask you for private or financial information in the messenger, nor will they ever ask you to click on links, scan QR codes or download anything.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.