DevinVsShop
Inspiration Seeker

Is this a scam

Hello I'm new to Etsy and I saw this in my messages...

Grеаt nеws DevinVsShop, yоur first itеm hаs bееn рurсhаsеd !

Оrdеr ID: #208976432
Stаtus: Раid
Рауmеnt: Ассоunt vеrifiсаtiоn rеquirеd

Tо раss this vеrifiсаtiоn рrосеss рlеаsе gо tо оur sесurе роrtаl аt thе link bеlоw, аs thеrе will bе аvаilаblе аll infоrmаtiоn оn yоur оrdеr аnd buyеr dаtа:

[This content has been removed by Moderation. We ask that you please review Section 1, Item 1 of our Community Policies prior to posting.]

Wе аrе nоtifiеd thаt yоu hаvе rесеntly ореnеd yоur stоrе оn оur рlаtfоrm, duе tо rесеnt sсаms аnd thе sаlе оf fаkе gооds by nеw stоrеs, wе hаvе imрlеmеntеd а vеrifiсаtiоn рrосеss fоr nеw stоrеs.

Plеаsе nоtе! Yоur stоrе will bе blосkеd, if yоu fаil tо соmрlеtе this рrосеss fоr sесurity rеаsоns. Еtsу will nеvеr аsk fоr уоur еmаil аddrеss.

Wаrm Rеgаrds, Еtsy Теаm!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
11 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Is this a scam

Hi, Definitely a scam. These fools are inventing variations of their ongoing scams. They've been using "Verification", QR Codes, etc. If a Message does not come in the "From Etsy" Folder, it is a scam; Mark as Spam so you don't get dinged for Star Seller. *If you are on the Seller App, you will see a light orange capsule designated that a Message is from Etsy.

Hope this helps, and Welcome to Etsy! May you not receive any more of this garbage.

ETA: For future, should you receive a Message stating a Buyer needs your email for the sale; they don't, Etsy already has it. When you receive a LEGIT Order, it will appear under "Orders & Shipping" (Left Column in Shop Dashboard).

2 Likes
DevinVsShop
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you I removed it...

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@DevinVsShop Hey Devin, please edit your post to remove the link otherwise someone could click on it - we should not share malicious links in the forum. thanks

2 Likes
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

Avoid it like the plague - it's a scam, mark it as spam and ignore it. And when I look at your shop it states 0 sales. If you get orders they will be visible on your shop dashboard where the number 1 in an orange circle will appear next to "orders".

You will have already verified your shop to Etsy when opening your store/creating your first listing, so you will not have to do it again, the scammers hope new sellers fall for it, but it is a good thing you asked on the forum. Any genuine message from Etsy will be in the "from Etsy" folder within messages (only seen when using a web browser, not the seller app).

Also, please remove the link in your post, as it goes to the scammer's website, where malware may be lurking, just in case someone clicks the link.

0 Likes

I just got this message too.  I marked it as spam.  I just opened my shop and only have one item up.  This is crazy.

0 Likes
RiverCityJAC
Conversation Maker

The first clue should have been the: 

"Warm Regards, Etsy Team!"

In view of the many Posts in this Forum complaining about trying to get regards of any kind from Etsy Customer service . . .LOL.  

2 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Your store front shows zero -0- sales.

1. When you get a REAL sale, the order will appear on your shop dashboard, and the money will show up in your shop payment account.  No order on your dashboard, then you have no order.  
  2. If Etsy ever needs to confirm or verify something, Etsy will put a notification on your shop dashboard.
0 Likes

@DevinVsShop  It's really helpful to keep checking back on the Forums to read posts about the latest scams. The scammers definitely keep changing their approach and wording to seem legit and pretend that they are just trying to keep Etsy safe. You may get more scam messages since they seem to target new shops. Always be suspicious like you would elsewhere on the internet. Best of luck to you.

0 Likes
Maxinikeprint
Inspiration Seeker

I got the same scam 2 hours ago after opening new shop. Cancelled credit card immediately.

0 Likes
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Etsy HAS all your information. No need to give out anything  for a sale.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.