Awkwardskunks
Inspiration Seeker

Is this a scam message or is it serious?

Hello. Last night I set up a product on my etsy, and this morning I received this message. I assume it’s for the product, i only have one other thing on my etsy for art commissions which i’m needed to be contacted for. I also requested to be contacted for this product, but if they didn’t i would refund the order. I don’t see the order in my orders for current orders. But here’s the message I received, underlined is a typo which made me more skeptical: photo

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: Is this a scam message or is it serious?

@Awkwardskunks: Real messages from Etsy are now going into their own section (labeled as "From Etsy") on your Messages page https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/New-From-Etsy-section-in-Messages/m-p/143722497#M1899 but apparently this is only true when using a browser.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@Awkwardskunks  Hi, no offense but I didn't want to click onto the "photo" link. But if you have received a Message from a Buyer who claims they need your email to make a purchase, that is definitely a scam. And this is one which has been going around quite often. When you receive a TRUE Order, it will be located in "Orders & Shipping" (Left Column of Dashboard). The funds will also be in your Payment Account. If you don't see it there, you have no Order.

I hope this is helpful to you.

3 Likes

It's just a screen shot, lol. It's the classic we're from Etsy QR code one.

2 Likes

As a new shop, you are a prime target for scammers. Heed the advice of other shop owners in this post. Proceed cautiously. 

0 Likes
InkSprouts
Inspiration Seeker

I got this message this morning too. Except mine was from "Clarissa Support". First, I'm not a new shop (Been on here since 2014), Second I've had no sales all weekend. My shop is still up and running, banking area looks correct. Everything about it screamed scammer! First off, etsy logo black and not orange? Message from name and not Etsy support, site Name misspelled, and last stating to refer to a website page for more info and the website page not included. I was going to send this message to etsy to verify. 

1 Like
MoonflowerCastle
Inspiration Seeker

I received the exact same message this morning. Do not respond, it is a scam!

1 Like

Yes, this message is a scam. Do not respond and send it to spam.

0 Likes

I have had one in 2 different shops in past 2 days. I told 'em to eat Sh&&% doo doo fake scammer.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.