Dekorbyme
Inspiration Seeker

Is my Star Seller status in danger?

Hello!

The deadline for qualifying as a Star Seller is close and I am afraid I will lose it due to something I cannot do anything about.

The website says 2 of my orders are missing Tracking info, which I added and marked the order as completed. The same shows on the phone application. There is absolutely nothing I can do about it and it is annoying me a lot.
Please advise me as to what I can do. Since both orders are complete with the added Tracking info, there is nothing left I can do. I don't want to lose my Star Seller status!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Is my Star Seller status in danger?

you have to ship on time, with tracking etsy recognises.

If you add the tracking number after the ship date, or the shipper isn't one etsy can check through aftership, it counts against you

0 Likes

Did you add tracking info as soon as you shipped the item? Was the shipper a common shipper like USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc. that Etsy is able to share tracking access? And finally, are you able to track and see the locations of those packages? 

1 Like

@Dekorbyme: Have you checked the applicable CSV file on your Star Seller page to confirm what Etsy thinks is late or otherwise has something wrong with it? In particular make sure that *Had processing time?* = yes, *Ship by* has a date, *Tracking/label date* has a date, and *Shipped on time?* = yes. Remember that Star Seller dates / times are in UTC not your time zone.

What happens if you click on the tracking number link on the actual order? If it opens the courier's tracking page and shows the scan history then you have proof that the tracking information was entered correctly. In that case you should pursue it - while Etsy will not manually adjust Star Seller stats they can, in some cases, fix the underlying data and then the Star Seller stats will auto update (but not retroactively).

If that does not work, and if the shipping company is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order. An unsupported shipping company or invalid / unverified tracking number equals shipped without tracking.

0 Likes

Don't fret over the star seller status. Mine goes on and off all the time as I am just a hobby seller and don't sell tons. I have not noticed any difference at all in the amount I sell. 

1 Like

I agree with Old Vintage.

I have been trying not to worry about the Star Seller Badge much anymore. In January, had 100% in all categories, but one. I lost by badge because I didn't make ETSY enough money. I admit, I enjoy seeing the badge on my shop, but I found that I am still making just as many sales without the badge as with it. As my husband tells me, if someone likes the product and the shop has good reviews, the customer will still make a purchase. If all goes well, I should get my badge back next month.  Good luck! 

1 Like

I agree. Do not fret over it. Many of us lose it, gain it back for things not under our control.

I have one order that says it's missing tracking info because it apparently never got scanned. The buyer has received—and reviewed—it, but oh well. I'm not gonna fret or work myself up about it.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.