TheIlluministUK
Inspiration Seeker

Incorrect no response to buyer message - Star seller strike

Customer requests cancellation Tuesday this week, shortly after purchase via help request - 

I action the request and follow with a message to let the customer know it’s been actioned within the hour. 

I receive a strike against my star seller putting me under 95% for non response within 24hrs 

spoke with chat support - said I should have answered her message in the help request section - even though I had cancelled and sent a message in response well within the allocated time.

I don’t know how to appeal this? I was advised to leave a message on here for tech support to pick up?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Incorrect no response to buyer message - Star seller strike

@TheIlluministUK: Unfortunately, Etsy has made it clear that they will not manually adjust Star Seller data.

Did you reply to the Help Request with 24 hours? Help requests always start a new thread and the first message of a new thread must be replied to for Star Seller. Any "messages" on the cancellation form do not count as a reply to a message. (How would Etsy know which cancellation is in response to which message, if any.)

0 Likes

Adding a note within the cancelation process doesn't count as a valid reply according to Etsy. You need to answer the actual message/help request that was sent to you.

This is a common occurance -- most sellers have made a similar mistake once (or twice.)

0 Likes

Help requests need to be responded to.  The bots don't know you have sent a message elsewhere, they just see an unanswered message.  I am surprised Etsy support has time for this stuff!!

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.