Incorrect calculation of star seller

Hello. I have responded to all of my customers within the 24 hour period. However, I bought an item from another seller and they sent me a message, which I did not respond to within 24 hours. However, I haven't sold anything to them. Hence, I have responded to all of my own customers in time - 100% response rate, and yet am not being given the star seller because of something that I purchased from someone else. 

Please can this be rectified?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
6 Replies
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Re: Incorrect calculation of star seller

I'm sorry that this happened but the rule is you must answer all first messages that come to you, whether it be a customer or another seller. You can send it to spam now and see if that recalculates, sometimes it helps to do that. Etsy has said that they won't help with the star seller requirements. 

1 Like
WantableDesigns
Conversation Maker

Nothing to rectify, you have to respond to all messages (or mark them as spam). This is how it's always been and it's explained by Etsy that this is how it works.

1 Like

There are many seller's who have reported the exact same issue here in the forums.

Star Seller requires that you respond to the first message in ALL threads within 24 hours. Etsy doesn't distinguish between the type of thread.  

You could send the message to spam ... star seller message stats used to be recalculated after doing so. But be careful because you'll no longer see messages from that person and that person could get dinged for sending spam messages. 

0 Likes
MyCottageGnomes
Inspiration Seeker

I agree 100%. I’ve gotten dinged 3 times by not responding in 24 hours to people I purchased from. Super frustrating 

0 Likes

From the star seller information on your dashboard:

"What messages count towards the message response rate?

Your message response rate is based on just the first message in a conversation, not ongoing conversations. This means you just need to respond to the first message within 24 hours. This applies to messages both from buyer and seller accounts. Messages from Etsy staff do not count toward your response rate, and neither do messages that you mark as spam. You can also now find a breakdown of your message response rate score by downloading a CSV."

The rules have been the same since the scheme began.

2 Likes

All accounts are buyer accounts, some are also seller accounts,

Etsy won't know, without reading the message, if they are thanking you for your purchase, or if now you are on their radar, they like your items, and want to purchase something.

Etsy says reply to each new message THREAD, so reply to each new message thread

....it even says in blue now it's a buyer account.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.