KraftMegaroni
Inspiration Seeker

Incorrect Star Seller Data

Jump to solution

Hi, I am a Etsy seller and I’ve been working hard to become a star seller. The one badge I’m missing is speedy replied because I didn’t reply to 1 person within 24 hours, however that 1 person was someone I had placed an order from, (they didn’t order from me) and that person was just saying thank you for your order. The star seller data should not take data into count from other shops, only customers!

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Incorrect Star Seller Data

Jump to solution

Star Seller has always required that you respond to the initial message within 24 hours, regardless of whether it's from a buyer or another seller. 

"Responding to 95% of all your initial messages within 24 hours will earn you the Speedy replies customer service badge."

How to Become a Star Seller 

View solution in original post

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Maybe it shouldn’t, but it does take into consideration all messages you receive. You got a new message and you didn’t reply so you got dinged. That’s the way it’s set up. All the bots see is an unanswered message. There are multiple threads about this every day and they are all from sellers that didn’t read or understand the rules for getting the Star Seller. Reply to all means messages from a shop you bought from, from buyers just saying they like your shop, someone saying they received their order, someone saying thank you, and customers requesting a cancellation. All new messages need a reply. 

1 Like
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The bots don't read your mail they just see unanswered message, they do not know if its from a buyer, seller, or a friend saying HI. If it really bothers you make a buyer only account so that these messages won't be there to have to worry about in your seller account.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @TurtleCrossingArts,

We've double-checked the messages on your shop for the past 3 months(November - January), and it appears that they were initiated by you and not by your buyer. Please know that the Message response rate only counts conversation threads initiated by other Etsy member(both buyers and other seller).

On the other hand, please know that you no longer need to have received a message to be eligible to become a Star Seller. If you received any initial messages during the review period, this will still be used to calculate your message score, but having zero incoming messages will not bar you from the program.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
20 Replies

Jump to solution

Star Seller has always required that you respond to the initial message within 24 hours, regardless of whether it's from a buyer or another seller. 

"Responding to 95% of all your initial messages within 24 hours will earn you the Speedy replies customer service badge."

How to Become a Star Seller 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Maybe it shouldn’t, but it does take into consideration all messages you receive. You got a new message and you didn’t reply so you got dinged. That’s the way it’s set up. All the bots see is an unanswered message. There are multiple threads about this every day and they are all from sellers that didn’t read or understand the rules for getting the Star Seller. Reply to all means messages from a shop you bought from, from buyers just saying they like your shop, someone saying they received their order, someone saying thank you, and customers requesting a cancellation. All new messages need a reply. 

1 Like
KraftMegaroni
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hm that seems a bit wrong but guess I’ll be extra careful about it next time. 

0 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The bots don't read your mail they just see unanswered message, they do not know if its from a buyer, seller, or a friend saying HI. If it really bothers you make a buyer only account so that these messages won't be there to have to worry about in your seller account.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

If you get a message to cancel an order - cancel and reply to message.   
If you get a thank you message from a shop you bought from - reply to message.  
If another shop sends you a coupon for favoring an item - either mark it as spam or reply to message. 
If I send you a message to just say hi - either spam it or cuss me out as your reply to the message. 

@GieseDeseiGns  Your post wasn’t up when I added mine. My last suggestion is just too funny now. At least I saw it as humorous. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Reading the information on star seller in the shop manager is a very helpful.  It gives a great deal of information.   

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Messaging stats for star seller have a glitch. On 2 occasions, I replied within 24 hrs and the system did not save them, though I saw my replies in the screen. And yeah, I got dinged, though I did reply. Reported to etsy. Firefox, desktop.

2 Likes
thePaperFramer
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

And yet another seller that hasn't read the policies or looked this up in this forum. This is the 7 zillionth thread on this exact same issue. You have to reply to all first messages. Like it or not, this is what you have to do to keep from getting dinged for your Star Seller. Every body does this once. Hopefully to learn from this and not do it again.

2 Likes
KraftMegaroni
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

@thePaperFramer Well if it’s such a common thread maybe Etsy should do something about it. I did read the star seller program. I didn’t realize they grouped personal messageswith shop messages. I’m aware now and won’t make the mistake again.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Jan. 18, 2023 Incorrect - Our Star seller messages responses at 0%. We communicate with all potential customers messages & buyers within minutes - few hours.

10 years with Etsy. We work hard to keep Happy customers.

I communicated with support for 1/2 hour on Jan. 13, 2023 & later they emailed us it would be resolved. I see we still have 0% on our star seller messages response rate.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TurtleCrossingArts: You need to look at the applicable CSV file available on your Star Seller page. Remember that only the first message of a NEW thread counts and is included and the CSV file is in UTC not your time zone.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Our CSV does not work for Etsy messages responses is not not even available no tab is seen. Currently only tab shown On-time shipping & tracking download CSV works. 

0 Likes
thePaperFramer
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

On the Star Seller Page you will see 3 boxes for Message Response Rate, Average Rating an On Time shipping.  In the Message Response box click on the left '>'. That will bring up another box. In that box click on the "Download Message History" link to se your results.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Message breakdown the history tab is not there. No download Message response rate tab to click onto it is Missing. 

Three:  Message response rate ( Message breakdown is Missing it's Tab) / Average rating (Ratings breakdown its Tab is Missing also)/ On-time shipping & tracking ( Order breakdown Tab is there, I Can click onto to view its information.)

Only tab currently on our star seller to download is On-time shipping & tracking & I can click onto to view the download history, which it is incorrect, as we are in rural area & mail picked up they scan at local post office, then gets on it's transporting journey. It can take Etsy days for it to get corrected. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TurtleCrossingArts: Is it possible that you have had no new message threads during the three month period?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Nov-Jan we have had several conversations with Etsy messages when they worked. In Dec 2022 there was issues the Etsy messages we sent to customers they did not receive their Etsy messges. I had to send emails for custom personalizations & answer the customers questions. I chated with Etsy support about our customers not getting their Etsy mgs. days later new Etsy msgs. customers received. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @TurtleCrossingArts,

We've double-checked the messages on your shop for the past 3 months(November - January), and it appears that they were initiated by you and not by your buyer. Please know that the Message response rate only counts conversation threads initiated by other Etsy member(both buyers and other seller).

On the other hand, please know that you no longer need to have received a message to be eligible to become a Star Seller. If you received any initial messages during the review period, this will still be used to calculate your message score, but having zero incoming messages will not bar you from the program.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have been working on star seller status and the only thing lacking is the tracking section. in the time period in review it shows that three out of 18 sales I do not show tracking. I downloaded the PDF that shows all sales in that period and then compared them to the info in my shop of completed sales. one of them was hand delivered because the memorial was imminent. the other two show the tracking numbers on my completed sales page. why would the tracking numbers show up in my completed sales but not in the info Etsy sends me about my order numbers and tracking. please correct this! or should I say how do I go about getting this corrected?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@AncientForestUrns: "one of them was hand delivered" Pick ups and deliveries impact your Star Seller negatively https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000338067-How-to-Offer-Local-Pickup-or-Delivery?segment=s...

"the other two show the tracking numbers on my completed sales page" If the shipping company is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order. An unsupported shipping company or invalid tracking number equals shipped without tracking.

Have the packages been scanned? Sometimes a tracking number cannot be validated until the first scan is publicly available.

"please correct this!" Just so you know, even if Etsy Support or the Help Pages sent you here this is a seller peer to peer forum, and should not be considered a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes read and reply to posts).

You can open a support ticket through Dashboard > Community & Help > Contact Us

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You could have actually gone to the star seller on your dashboard to read about the message part.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.