Giannasmindd
Inspiration Seeker

In person sale is affecting shipping bagde

Jump to solution

Hi all!! 
I recently had a sale that I did in person, and I made sure to mark it that in the etsy app. Now it’s saying that since it has no tracking info, my shipping score isn’t at 95% or higher. It is showing the sale that was in person for no tracking, so I am certain that this is the reason; however I don’t think it’s really fair considering no shipping was involved. I even marked it that way in the app. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

thanks in advance! 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: In person sale is affecting shipping bagde

Jump to solution

@Giannasmindd 

Etsy covers this in the Help Center article for star seller stuff here https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller-?segment=selling

"What if I offer local pick-up or delivery for my items?

At this time, orders that don't have tracking because they are delivered or picked up in person will be considered shipped without tracking, and will not meet the Star Seller criteria for shipping. "

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies

Jump to solution

You can’t fix it. Orders have to have tracking in order to qualify towards Star Seller. 

Adding tracking to your physical orders is one of the criteria for the Star Seller badge. Completing an order without adding tracking will not count as a tracked order towards Star Seller eligibility. 

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015774228-How-to-Add-Tracking-and-Complete-an-Order-

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"and I made sure to mark it that in the etsy app."

Honesty is apparently not rewarded.  There are no "points" for excellent customer service where you hand deliver your item.  The Star Seller badge is overrated.  It does nothing to inspire any sort of confidence when one of the main qualifiers is SELLING alot.  

Years ago there was some device you could use on your cell phone to accept credit card payments at shows or events.  One could use this device with or without connecting it to etsy so you could pay fees.  Though I never used it, I always thought it odd that one would choose to sit outside in the hot sun (or rain) at a craft show for hours with their own products and actually give etsy a cut. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hand delivery is not good customer service.  For one thing it loses any protection from the postal service, to other insurance to Etsy seller protection.  

And in this day and age it is fraught with danger as recently a story emerged that a seller on Facebook died due to violence happening  when hand delivering to the other person.  

As to the device, it is useful when a shop has many sales online as well as off to control inventory.  Otherwise the seller must close down the shop during the craft show to prevent being unable to fill orders.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

That device is still around and I agree - unless Etsy is sitting out there with me, they are NOT getting a cut of the money.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Nothing to fix.  You will have to wait for this sale to drop off the radar,

The SS information is clear that in person deliveries are not counted.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@Giannasmindd 

Etsy covers this in the Help Center article for star seller stuff here https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller-?segment=selling

"What if I offer local pick-up or delivery for my items?

At this time, orders that don't have tracking because they are delivered or picked up in person will be considered shipped without tracking, and will not meet the Star Seller criteria for shipping. "

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.