I wish variations would show up as sold out

I really wish there would be an indication if one variation is sold out.  It is impossible to see if you are out of things if they are listed in variations.  For the amount we pay etsy it would be great if there were better seller tools.  

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes
10 Replies
DesignsbyCher
Conversation Maker

Re: I wish variations would show up as sold out

They do show up as sold out, for each variation that does sell out... if you have them set up properly. Whenever one of my variations sells, it's grayed out and marked sold out until I refresh it manually.

And if you have items in a list of variations on any listing, but still have other choices available, just edit the listing and move the orange ball on the sold out items you no longer have, and they'll be removed from the listing's variations.

3 Likes
LandKbeads
Conversation Maker

They actually do! You have to check that quantity varies for each feature and then add the quantities you have. Once you've sold out of that quantity the variation grays out and says it's sold out.

1 Like
Arcalliq
Community Maker

I agree with @DesignsbyCher. Variations do show as sold out if they are. You probably not have them set properly.

In your variations settings, you need to click 'Quantities vary for each variations' and you will need to input the quantities in.

0 Likes

They don't show unless you look at the listing. There is no way to see from the Listings manager that a variation is sold out, at a glance.

Is what I believe the OP is talking about.

11 Likes
LandKbeads
Conversation Maker

Yeah, Etsy doesn't manage inventory for sellers. Never has and probably never will, which is why I assumed OP meant for buyers not herself.

0 Likes

Yes that is exactly the issue i have.  We have over 6000 items in the shop so unless i click on the listing, it totally sells out or a customer lets me know they need something i have no idea that a variation is sold out.  

4 Likes
DesignsbyCher
Conversation Maker

Well, I guess that's the most difficult part of having so many items listed. I have nowhere near that number of items for sale, but I do sell multiples of my handmade to order earwires and clasps, and the first thing I do when I make a sale(s), is go to my listings in the shop manager and check all the bundles that auto-renewed, so I can adjust the quantities and refresh those that are sold out.

I assume it's a task that would take you some time, and maybe you need to find help if your sales are overwhelming your ability to do so, but I've found it's the only way ... and it's also why my shop now only has 2 pages of listings rather than the 250-300 items I once had until I realized those were only making money for Etsy, not me. Now I'm only renewing what sells if I can make more, and the few of my handmade and vintage jewelry items listed are kept to a minimum and only renewed at my discretion. But, I'm not trying to get rich or be a volume seller... I enjoy working at my own pace, which at my age is meant to meet my needs with minimum stress.

0 Likes

If you decide to use Trunk, (remembering a previous discussion,) you can have them let you know when a certain item (each variation is a separate item) drops below a certain threshold. You could just set it to 1.

But yes, it would be nice if we could see sold-out variations here without clicking on every single item to check.

0 Likes
BlackCatTheory
Conversation Maker

I believe you need Plus or Pattern ... one of those will notify for sold out items.

0 Likes
WJDNYC
Inspiration Seeker

Did anyone get this resolved and/or got an official Etsy take on this? 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.