I suspect offsite ads

In April and May my traffic was down to a crawl and I suffered one of my worse months since the beginning when I first started.  In June, traffic increased 2-3 times more but sales are still slow but June is slow for me.  What I have noticed with my google analytics show mega traffic but all for the same item.  How can 10 people across the planet be looking at the same thing all at the same time when I have over 100 listings in my shop.  Anyone experiencing this?  I suspect Etsy's dumping of off site ads and I wonder why they promote only one item from my shop.  Could my shop also be part of a test?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: I suspect offsite ads

They seem to advertise best sellers most of all, probably because they believe those ads will lead to sales.

1 Like

The way offsite ads work is based on AI. Each user is shown items related to their online activity. So, if I often Google about cowboy boots, etsy's ads will show me cowboy boots. It might be that your one listing has a search phrases in it that more people commonly use.

There's not a person behind the scenes deciding on which of your ads to show, and each user sees ads customized to their online activity.

0 Likes

What does Google Analytics show as the source for those views? What does Etsy show as the source for those views? 

You can see your Offsite Ads views total at the top of this page: https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/stats/offsite-ads?ref=shop-stats-web

0 Likes

Yes, they favor bestsellers. Almost all (if not all)  of my offsite ads are for the same product. Incidentally, it’s what people buy the most. Part of me wishes they’d advertise a few other items, but (also incidentally) the one they do advertise costs me the least time and money to create. So in my case, at least, it works out.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.