MikeyLoveFinds
Inspiration Seeker

I sold an item.Buyer filed a complaint for a refund, But I failed to receive the returned item!

I sent an item. ETSY refunded the buyer but the buyer did not return the item! How do you call Etsy to straighten this crap out?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
6 Replies
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Re: I sold an item.Buyer filed a complaint for a refund, But I failed to receive the returned item!

This happens. Etsy is doing this now.  Maybe because you have no policies in place?

You cannot call Etsy, but there is email and chat as options for communicating with them.

I've read here that some sellers have had this reversed, and money returned to them, and some have not been able to.

0 Likes

Re: I sold an item.Buyer filed a complaint for a refund, But I failed to receive the returned item!

Did you send them the wrong razor?

0 Likes

Occam's Razor, perhaps?

3 Likes

@MikeyLoveFinds 

Once etsy gets involved in a case, they do not require the item to be returned.

you need to sort things out with the buyer, before etsy gets involved

2 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

did you send a pre-paid label for the return of the incorrect razor after the customer contacted you about it?

0 Likes

Etsy force refunded a solid gold ring, without the item being returned to me and without any proper explanation. The claim was that the ring was not the same color as described when it explicitly was. I was forced to gift this ring to the customer, and Etsy is not giving me any proper explanation or reply. I have a really good standing and am so disappointed. I believe the customer was ill-intentioned and planned this from the start. So angry and hurt that Etsy would do this to its sellers in such good standing. All they say to me after numerous enquiries is that it is 'Etsy's policy'. Outrageous and unfair. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.