I put my shop in vacation mode 9/30/23 and tonight it's been turned off

Etsy has so many issues lately what in the heck is up?  
I placed my shop on vacation on 9/30/2023 because we have had a death in the family.  Then tonight I start getting orders and had to cancel them.  Also my shop close message was completely changed.  I looked at log in to my site and it shows the last time I was active was on 9/15/2023 which is insane cause my shop is fairly busy every day.  
I would have been sent a code had I logged in and made this change.  
Anyone else have this strange things going on?  There is also some woman that ordered some paper quills twice and says she spoke to me and I told her they were tapered quills which is insane cause they are not tapered ...   

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Re: I put my shop in vacation mode 9/30/23 and tonight it's been turned off

Might just be a glitch but maybe change your password to be on the safe side. Scammers have been hacking dormant (and live) accounts in order to send messages to other shop's asking for their email address. Are you sure it's only you who has been logging in? I assume your have 2 factor authentication turned on as you mentioned the code.

The lady questioning the quills is probably confusing you with another shop - some buyers think Etsy is one big shop, not individual sellers.

P.s. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss, if the glitch persists you could maybe extend processing times to 7-14 days or more until it has been fixed.

1 Like
swatchoclock
Conversation Maker

There is for sure something weird going on. There is a shop I follow that I know is currently on holiday mode and it had a current message about the why and yesterday when checking whether they are back again, I noticed a really old message in the holiday mode, from like 6 months ago. It stands to reason that the shop themselves did not do this and it seems this happened automatically?

1 Like

It's also odd that in the dash board where it says "good morning Handywoman" is shows 5244 orders and then in my shop is shows 7454...  Seems like the people who work at Etsy seem to be not as tech savvy as they use to be???  

0 Likes

@Handywoman  So sorry for your loss! The number shown on your shop page is "sales" (number of items) and on your dashboard is "orders", which is per customer. they are always different. Customers can message you when you're in vacation mode, but if they were able to order, that is indeed strange. I would do as others said and change your password just in case someone is interfering.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.