I'm getting Etsy shipping notification emails for every package, but purchased through Shipstation

This started yesterday - I buy shipping from Shipstation, and this has never happened before, but starting yesterday Etsy is sending me the notification emails for shipping every package. I know I can turn it off when I purchase through Etsy, but not sure how to do this since I'm buying from Shipstation.  **Edited to add, I do not see anywhere to check shipping notifications in my account, other than when I'm actually clicking to purchase the postage from Etsy. This is for postage purchases in Shipstation. 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
12 Replies
themanregistry
Inspiration Seeker

Re: I'm getting Etsy shipping notification emails for every package, but purchased through Shipstati

Happening to me too. Contacted Shipstation but they are no help. Said to reach out to Etsy..

0 Likes

Re: I'm getting Etsy shipping notification emails for every package, but purchased through Shipstati

For now I made an email filter to send it to archives.

0 Likes

Check your notifications in settings or your Etsy account. 

0 Likes

I'm having the same problem. I chatted with Etsy support and they told me to check the notifications settings in my account.. but it isn't check marked there so I've been pretty confused. 

0 Likes
CanningCrafts
Conversation Maker

This issue has been happening for a while for other sellers too... there are other threads about it in the forums.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/getting-emails-for-each-packaged-shipped-how-do-I-sto...

It seems like it must be a glitch or miscommunication between Etsy & Shipstation considering how many sellers are all of a sudden having this happen to them. I use PirateShip & am not getting the notification emails.

1 Like

@wrapworks  @themanregistry  : The API (that third party providers use) has a flag "send_bcc" for indicating if a copy of the notification should be sent to you. Either ShipStation is setting it incorrectly or Etsy is ignoring it if set to false. It is ironic that you are receiving these eMails when there are so many posts about sellers not receiving eMail notifications that they do want.

1 Like

An email for creating the label or an email for the completion and shipping.  Those are two different things.

I have always received an email for shipping of a package (10+ years on Etsy).  I chose to get the email for label.

It appears something change that Shipstation users are now getting the complete order email.   If it is for label creation then it appears the protocol on either end has been changed.    

0 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Yes this just started a few days ago for me. Doesn't seem to be any way to change it. 

0 Likes

Etsy, how do we stop this?

1 Like

I use stamps.com and just started getting these today too.

0 Likes
freshieandzero
Inspiration Seeker

I use Shipstation and this has started happening to us too in the last few days. I would love for it to stop!!

0 Likes

I've been getting these since last week, I use stamps.com. I actually purchased a label through Etsy and unchecked the Send me a copy of all notifications hoping that will stick and it still doesn't work, it's just checked the next time I look at it. Hopefully they will fix this soon, it's annoying.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.