BoardsandRibbons
Inspiration Seeker

I'm a Seller unable to Update TaxID/SSN Info

I am becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of assistance from Etsy to help me get my shop up and running.

I need to update my last name in SSN/TaxID section and it will not allow me to Edit the information. Etsy responses continue to tell me to go to FInance section and update but it is not allowing me to edit. It continues to tell me my account is on hold awaiting this info, yet it won't allow me to update the info so my account can move forward for verification.  Any help would be much appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: I'm a Seller unable to Update TaxID/SSN Info

Do you have a new SS card with the new last name?

0 Likes

Re: I'm a Seller unable to Update TaxID/SSN Info

@BoardsandRibbons I have been on Etsy 16 years and I am having the same problem.  When I go to edit my legal tax information, everything is grayed out and I can't make any changes.  I used Etsy Chat this morning, and apparently this is an "ongoing issue" which Etsy engineers are working on.  Apparently, it is an issue site-wide.  Through chat, they opened an Etsy "ticket" for me, and they will update me when the issue is resolved.  So, this is not something that you or I can do anything about, until they fix whatever the problem is. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.