I just listed a Pyrex coffee percolator and seconds later Etsy deactivated why?

Why is my listing Pyrex coffee percolator deactivated by Etsy?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: I just listed a Pyrex coffee percolator and seconds later Etsy deactivated why?

They are recalled and if you list one it is an immediate removal.

0 Likes

Re: I just listed a Pyrex coffee percolator and seconds later Etsy deactivated why?

Some were recalled several years ago 

0 Likes

Pyrex recalled a certain coffee pot in the '70s (or maybe the '80s?) because the handles could break off.  Other sellers have also had their listings removed over the years, even when they weren't the recalled models.  A bot probably picked up on Pyrex + coffee percolator.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!  I appreciate all of your quick response. You guys are amazing and well informed. Which is why I love Etsy. 

2 Likes

Because some of them were recalled because of defects, so Etsy doesn't allow them.

0 Likes

I see, but there are many sellers selling the vintage coffee percolators

0 Likes

It's specifically the Pyrex corningware ones. The handles broke off and people got burned so they recalled them.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.