LampifyCo
Inspiration Seeker

I can’t send messages to customers that have sent inquiries to me

For the last week I cannot respond to new customers and to customers that I was already in a conversation with.

Error message says “if these keeps happening  contact Etsy support “

anyone else having this issue ?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
4 Replies

Re: I can’t send messages to customers that have sent inquiries to me

Do you get a message to say your messages have been temporarily disabled? 

If yes, this could be for various reason. You have contacted customers who have not contacted you first or it could even be down to what you are selling (maybe read up on trademark infringements)

If you have the "bummer" message, then your ability to send messages has been removed by Etsy, you will have to wait (weeks or months) until it is returned to you

3 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Betreff: I can’t send messages to customers that have sent inquiries to me

I‘m guessing it might be part of Etsys move to crack down on counterfeit items. Since they can’t legally take down IP infringing items without the IP holder notifying them, this might be a way to slow sellers down. Along with hiding them in search, etc. 

That’s just my guess though. 

5 Likes

Maybe Etsy is going to close your shop soon? Just a wild guess. 

7 Likes

@LampifyCo: Exactly what error message are you getting? It makes a difference in trying to help you.

Also, you need to include the licensing information for all of the trademarked and copyrighted names and images in your shop in your listing, otherwise buyers (and Etsy) may conclude they are counterfeits. And a buyer could file a not as described case against you and both get their money back and keep the item. Including the licensing information will show that you are not selling those items illegally. We are not supposed to help shops that are breaking the law or Etsy rules.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.