How to get ahold of Integrity Team?

Jump to solution

Has something changed? 

Recently had a couple of listings deactivated by ETSY and in the past when this happened I was able to reply to the email from the Integrity team. They corrected the issue right away, within an hour or two. I will say that the listing was deactivated again, subsequently our entire shop was closed due to them thinking we reactivated it ourselves. We replied and explained they infact reactivated. Again, was able to reply and get prompt near immediate assistance and they reactivated listing and shop quickly. 

Fast forward and we have had two listings deactivated for the reason stated "sale of toxic plants/seeds are prohibited" (may not be specific word for word used but you get the gist) There are literally over a thousand other listings for similar variety. The issue is that now when you get the email that an item has been deactivated it comes from a "donotreply" source so to get quick assistance is no longer available. 

Anyone else have increasing frustration with the inability for sellers to get prompt help for issues that need a quick response?

Meanwhile the platform seems to continue to allow sales of seed varieties that are non-existent (Ie: Blue, Purple, Rainbow Sunflower seeds. Black and Blue watermelon seeds. Etc) 

As an observation and as a seller that would never dream of selling something fake and/or misrepresented it is hard to believe that buyers will continue to have trust in the platform if they get taken by these stores that arent selling above board products. 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Re: How to get ahold of Integrity Team?

Jump to solution

The removal system is fully automated and based on a list of words that are indicative of a violation, and experience suggests the system targets newly listed or renewing items as they go live.  You can only wait for a staff member to review the removal and decide whether it meets the listing policy or not.  If they deem it okay to list they will reinstate the listing.  It can take anything from a few hours to a week or more, depending on the workload of staff.  Be aware, that even if the listing is reinstated, the system is likely to pick it up again when it renews unless you remove the keyword that it is finding (and of course, you have to determine what that word is by checking the prohibited item listing for clues as to what words you need to avoid using).

View solution in original post

1 Like
13 Replies
BlackCatTheory
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Was it poppy seeds?

1 Like

Jump to solution

No,  not poppy. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This.  Poppy seeds of all kinds are banned by Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/plants-herbs-and-seeds/242685907951

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The removal system is fully automated and based on a list of words that are indicative of a violation, and experience suggests the system targets newly listed or renewing items as they go live.  You can only wait for a staff member to review the removal and decide whether it meets the listing policy or not.  If they deem it okay to list they will reinstate the listing.  It can take anything from a few hours to a week or more, depending on the workload of staff.  Be aware, that even if the listing is reinstated, the system is likely to pick it up again when it renews unless you remove the keyword that it is finding (and of course, you have to determine what that word is by checking the prohibited item listing for clues as to what words you need to avoid using).

1 Like
BlackCatTheory
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Poppies, poppy seeds and anything made with poppy seeds is illegal to sell on Etsy. You have lots of poppy seeds in your store.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yes, Opium Poppy would be a no-no! The poppies that we sell are not related to or are derivatives of that variety. Just flowers. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If it is on any prohibited list it will be bot deactivated. The term poppy is the new amber. If not poppy.. what is the seed? Some do not have to be toxic or "druggy". If they are deemed invasive it is also a no.

2 Likes

Jump to solution
1 Like

Jump to solution

Plants, Herbs, and Seeds - Our House Rules | Etsy This is somewhat a thin list> I would assume there are more that are not specifically listed that are prohibited on the USPS or state levels. I know Hawaii is very regulated about what they allow in. You need to do research beyond "I saw someone else selling it" especially on etsy. I'd hate to even hazard a guess of how many actual illegal items are for sale here (not even counting reselling which is against Etsy rules but not actually illegal)  

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Is not foxglove digitalis? Foxglove plants are toxic to deadly if ingested. I know I can buy seeds at stores so not sure what Etsy's line is but if they consider it poisonous that is probably that. "

Some plant materials present an unreasonable risk of harm due to their toxic, caustic, or poisonous properties. These hazardous materials are prohibited from sale on Etsy.

Examples of prohibited toxic plants include, but are not limited to:"  I assume this falls into their "but not limited to" area.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Poisoning from this plant would be considered very rare. Plants like this dont taste good for a reason. 

A human or animal would have to ingest an abundance and get past the horrible taste in order to do so. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

More importantly whether they do or do not deem this item as allowable or not... I am questioning how one can get someone at ETSY to help sooner than later. It seems like the process has changed recently (with the inability to reply with the "donotreply" email) 

0 Likes

Jump to solution
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.