NeedlePopCrafts
Inspiration Seeker

How to appeal star-seller message count?

Hi there! I appreciate the recent changes made to how the star seller message reply rate is calculated, but I still have some issues with mine.

I currently have two dings against my record -- one was a message I received as a customer of another seller, which I had no idea would count towards my score in any way! For the other, a customer sent me both an automated and personalized message and I only answered the personalized one, without realizing that they counted as two separate threads. 

Is there a way to officially debate these two instances, like an appeals board I can please my case to or something? If so, I would love to be able to present my argument for why these messages should not be counted.

Thanks so much! I'm happy to provide more information as required. 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: How to appeal star-seller message count?

You need to answer each and every email no matter who from as the bot doesn't know who it is from.  Any that you have failed to answer just mark as spam and your score will go back up in a day or so. 

0 Likes

This is how the program works. Saying you didn’t know is no longer a valid excuse nearly a year later. The info is on your dashboard. People seem to be able to read and check stats obsessively but can’t be bothered to scroll down and read the info on how the program works. My sympathy ran out about six months ago. 

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

There is nothing to appeal. The star seller criteria is very clear and you did not comply.

0 Likes

I don't think you can blame the OP if she got a ding on star seller as a customer! Also etsy said they would combine threads from the same customer but theu don't seem to have. You can contact etsy but I don't think they will change it. I contacted them cos my valid tracking number didn't register cos it was an umbrella courier. They acknowledged it was a mistake but said they couldn't change it. I would avoid buying anything as a customer from my business account 

0 Likes

Yes you can because it’s clearly spelled out in the info! The new changes combining messages have not rolled out yet. They will in July I believe. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.