ZoroCreative
Inspiration Seeker

How do I disable the continual pop ups from my cart reminding me to buy something?

They are annoying while browsing other shops.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
18 Likes
21 Replies

Re: How do I disable the continual pop ups from my cart reminding me to buy something?

Empty ur cart—it’s the only way. Worked fine me. 

7 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Re: How do I disable the continual pop ups from my cart reminding me to buy something?

Just move the items to Save for later.

You can then move them back to the cart when you are ready to buy.

They will still be saved, but the pop-ups will stop. At least the ones emanating from the cart.

The ones that jump out from the right side of the page telling you to buy something that hasn't been in your cart for over a month?
Not sure about those.

5 Likes

I've emptied my cart by moving everything to save for later and they are still popping up.  It's the same one over and over and over also...

4 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

i love the ones for one of a kind handmade items.

this item is selling out fast!

what?

oh etsy... hush already.

14 Likes

@ZoroCreative  - I definitely can sympathize. The easiest thing to do is immediately after carting an item, go to your cart & click on save for later. However at times Etsy has even sent out the pop-ups because I've simply looked at the details of an item I've found in search but never carted. The most you can do with these is close the pop-up and hope it doesn't reappear. 

3 Likes
ZoroCreative
Inspiration Seeker

Good idea, however it takes forever to scroll thru saved items when they load 4 at a time. And if you click on one, it takes you right back to the top of the list. Etsy needs to work on the back end of this cumbersome dinosaur site.

8 Likes

I believe you can use a pop-up blocker from your browser.

4 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

@PillowDetails  I was using a blocker, but still found that annoying cart pop-up happening. Unfortunately I have had to disable the blocker just so the "preview listing" function works again.

3 Likes
michellepatterns
Conversation Maker

Yes, the pop-up blocker doesn't work on these for whatever reason.  

0 Likes
chocolaterabbit
Conversation Maker

I wish the pop up blocker would have worked. I've got 2 of them enabled with no luck. That was a good idea though @PillowDetails 

Wound up just emptying my cart. I couldn't stand it any longer.

3 Likes

I hate the pop ups for the cart.

2 Likes

yeah my normal way of 'handling' it is to remove the item from my cart.

seriously annoying. I've mentioned this to Etsy in feedback. But...alas....

7 Likes

One shop has an item that continually pops up. It is not in my cart or save for later section. I contacted the shop owner and was told it is an Etsy issue.  I currently have no items in my cart, and it still pops up. This is very frustrating. Any suggestions? 

Thank you

2 Likes

Same for me!  It is an item I actually purchased last June and was paid with my debit card. Pops up every new page I look at and very annoying, I can sympathize.

5 Likes

sellers have absolutely zero control over it and i *promise* we hate it more than you do, because not only does it annoy us when we shop, but it drives away customers, and we can't do anything to stop it ... it's like we all paid for a table at a big craft fair, but some guy keeps running around with a huge sign jumping in front of people just minding their own business..... and there's nothing we can do to stop him because his dad owns the building 

3 Likes

I stop putting stuff in my cart.  I move things to save for later. It's difficult and unenjoyable to shop on Etsy for multiple items.  No matter how many times I click to close the pop-ups they come back immediately.   Hopefully Etsy realizes how poor this is. It likely drives more shoppers away than entices them to buy.  People are not stupid. We know what's in our cart!

5 Likes
VioletPlanetShop
Inspiration Seeker

I'm having the same problem, but it's for something I added to my favorites. It says "Don't miss out on an item you've Favorited!" with an "add to cart" button. Same listing over and over for the past few days.

2 Likes

@VioletPlanetShop and @SeasideRoseCreations 

It doesn't have to be a favorite or in your carts...you just have to look at it!

I "looked" at an item from another seller (it's something I make myself) and everyday since, I have been reminded to "buy" it.  The reason I looked at it was because it's 3x the cost of my items.

Why, oh, why, Etsy would I want to buy that???

1 Like

@mommawhazelsquilts  Exactly! You just have to look at it. I looked at a wall hanging the other day just because it caught my eye. I didn't heart it or add to cart -- yet I'm getting a constant pop-up for it saying "rare find - add to cart". Very annoying!!

1 Like

I've had the same thing popping up for weeks.  It's not in my favs, cart or saved for later.

2 Likes
Polytechnicus
Inspiration Seeker

Betreff: How do I disable the continual pop ups from my cart reminding me to buy something?

Etsy is digging its own grave with such annoying pop-ups

8 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.