Honest Shop critique please! Sale are lights out

Jump to solution

Please may I have a shop critique? 
I have a small online Etsy Crystal shop,

http://sweetmissdecoden.etsy.com

I actually recently decided to make this my permanent part time job after doing this for 2 years. Seems the day I made that decision 2 weeks ago, I haven’t had a sale for 9 days. Freaking a little. Posting on social media daily & uploading 1/2 item daily.

Mostly looking for opinions on,over all shop appearance, first impressions, pricing, photos, descriptions. If anyone kindly has the time to take a peak. 

http://sweetmissdecoden.etsy.com

Much appreciated, Paige x

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Honest Shop critique please! Sale are lights out

Jump to solution

Hi you have a lovely shop, photos look great- with your listing titles maybe put the main or key word first eg 'amethyst" instead of rare, as people wont type in rare to search. Also I see you have a lot of items in shoppers' baskets- have you thought about setting up a discount code for "abandoned baskets"? I find this works well, can be just 10% off but encourages people to commit to buy. Im finding sales pretty slow at the moment too, too much going on in the world maybe?? Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 Like
16 Replies

Jump to solution

Because many crystals are sourced unethically (dangerous mining conditions, work done by children) I would want to see proof that you ethically source your items.

I won't buy from shops that don't insure ethical work practices.

https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/ethical-expectations-what-we-expect-from/239336610868

You've labelled the items as "Handmade". Did you hand make them or are you buying and reselling?  If you didn't handmake them, they shouldn't be listed as such.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/legal/handmade

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Although the Crystals are not handmade by me they are handmade/crafed/carved/polished, by the studio/warehouse/factories I work with. So I have listed a business partner.

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ShopCrystalCoveUK  Checking the first 3 items that had reviews they are all sold out. Can you relist them or are they one of a kind? You had a quality score for each product. Once an item sells out renew it with a similar product if you can't relist with the same product you had. This will retain your quality score which is important for your shop moving forward.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

They are unique and one of a kind. So I can’t re list them unfortunately. Occasionally I make a copy of an old listing that sold if I’m listing something similar and changes the title and details pics video etc 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I apreciate your honesty, that you wouldnt relist an item, because they are one of a kind. 

So you spend time to take pictures for every item. 

Just by taking pictures should be considered similar to handmade because its a lot of work to take the pictures. 

Im in the same situation where my items are one of a kind. 

To take the pictures its 30% of the work to make my items.( in my case where photographing coloured mirrors its not an easy thing to do to make it look like reality). 

There are not honest sellers like me and you that sell one of a kind, not as described. 

Basically there is one that has a vase wich is one of a kind and he has it posted 12 times in his shop.

Etsy picks his vase because they are flooded with listings of that vase and an Etsy pick is free advertising. 

Iet he doesnt send to his buyers the same thing.

By doing that, such sellers dont have to spend time on taking pictures. They just relist the best pictures, Etsy likes their pictures and makes them Etsy Pick, and from there the succes. 

0 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@ShopCrystalCoveUK I don't think you "handmade" these crystals, so that claim should be removed.  You need Imperial measurements, as you only have metric that I could see.  I move on when I see the "no refunds" policy.  I guess I'm spoiled by great customer service, should a problem arise with a purchase.  I prefer sellers who stand behind their products.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Although the Crystals are not handmade by me they are handmade/crafed/carved/polished, by the studio/warehouse/factories I work with. So I have listed a business partner.

0 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@ShopCrystalCoveUK   These were made in the earth and not "handmade" by anyone, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.  They can be hand carved by someone afterwards, but they aren't handmade.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

The material is just a raw material.

But to polish, sculpting and taking pictures of them, its the handmade. 

Thogh she doesnt makes them herself. 

The ceramic i make its made by Earth. I just shape it. 

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

Jump to solution

So this business partner, do you provide them with or select their raw crystals and request what shape or size these items should be? It is unclear what part of this handmade.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes I make requests of grams/kilo of set materials and can pick from raw stones myself that I find most appealing for special pieces. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Handmade means made by you or a listed partner with your shop. I am a rockhound and collect my own stones. I have all the tools in my workshop. I can call that handmade by me. You are selling supplies that are not handmade by you. Your prices are way too high also.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Your 'business partner' is labelled as you/your shop. A production partner makes YOUR designs exclusively for you because you cannot do it yourself. I don't see any unique designs. These are not supplies but ready-to-display pieces. I think you might be confused with what a production partner is when declaring handmade on Etsy. 

I would probably have waited before tossing in your RL job. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

She is like Jeff Koons. 

She makes the drawing, choses the material and a factory makes the sculpture.

Not like Brancusi that cuts the dead tree with Modigliani and starts to carve it himself with axe and chisels.Or to steal some tombstone from a graveyard to carve it. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

From what I understand these items really are not Etsy legal. "Hand selecting" the items is basically just reselling and is better suited for eBay, Amazon, your own website etc since they really don't qualify as handmade, supplies or vintage.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi you have a lovely shop, photos look great- with your listing titles maybe put the main or key word first eg 'amethyst" instead of rare, as people wont type in rare to search. Also I see you have a lot of items in shoppers' baskets- have you thought about setting up a discount code for "abandoned baskets"? I find this works well, can be just 10% off but encourages people to commit to buy. Im finding sales pretty slow at the moment too, too much going on in the world maybe?? Good luck!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.