Hold my money

Jump to solution

I am a new business. They took my money in the hold, what is the reason? .I'm very new anyway. Is it appropriate to keep money this way? When will it be transferred to my account?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hold my money

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Do you mean your account has been put on Reserve?

This happens to0 most, if not all, new shops -- not always immediately but often after a certain value / number of sales has been reached.

The usual Reserve amount is 30% of income held for upto 45 days (released earlier if tracking shows movement). All sales for 90 days will be affected by this Reserves.

But, from looking at your shop, another reason for the hold could be they are investigating your shop to see if your items are allowed on Etsy.
Do you actually make these scarves etc yourself? Or design them and have someone else make them to your design for you and only ?
As you list a Wholesaler as your Production Partner, if you are just buying in scarves for resale --this is not allowed on Etsy.

View solution in original post

1 Like

Jump to solution

If you are on reserve

Etsy should have e-mailed you with the amount of time you will be on reserve, and how long you will be on reserve for
and it should also be in the finances section from your dashboard,

If you post with tracking, etsy releases the money on reserve for that order.

If you have a credit card on file, and the date in the BILLING section on etsy, is not in date, they will also hold,

and if you are on daily deposits, and the amount in "available to deposit" is under £15, they can't transfer

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Each seller decides their own payment schedule. Here is a link to the page https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/payments/settings/payment-methods?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you. How can I set up?

0 Likes
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Do you mean your account has been put on Reserve?

This happens to0 most, if not all, new shops -- not always immediately but often after a certain value / number of sales has been reached.

The usual Reserve amount is 30% of income held for upto 45 days (released earlier if tracking shows movement). All sales for 90 days will be affected by this Reserves.

But, from looking at your shop, another reason for the hold could be they are investigating your shop to see if your items are allowed on Etsy.
Do you actually make these scarves etc yourself? Or design them and have someone else make them to your design for you and only ?
As you list a Wholesaler as your Production Partner, if you are just buying in scarves for resale --this is not allowed on Etsy.

1 Like

Jump to solution

If you are on reserve

Etsy should have e-mailed you with the amount of time you will be on reserve, and how long you will be on reserve for
and it should also be in the finances section from your dashboard,

If you post with tracking, etsy releases the money on reserve for that order.

If you have a credit card on file, and the date in the BILLING section on etsy, is not in date, they will also hold,

and if you are on daily deposits, and the amount in "available to deposit" is under £15, they can't transfer

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.