Global Pricing - Intermittent Glitches?

Jump to solution

I'm starting a new thread as there isn't a recent report of this. All older threads date back to early 2023 and I've never had a problem until recently.

In the last 3 weeks, I have had to cancel 3 orders because international shoppers have somehow managed to purchase at domestic rates - total value over £300.

I use global pricing to include DHL delivery into my US order and significantly reduce the additional shipping costs to all other locations. For this reason, I am unable to simply absorb these cost differences.

However, this doesn't apply to every international order. Luckily, so far, one customer was happy to reorder at the correct rate - one didn't reply to my messages and the final one was about an hour ago (so no response yet).

I used the option of "Seller declines transaction" as I don't want to get punished for frequently cancelling orders - especially as I wouldn't have to if the correct price had been charged.

Is anyone else getting the same glitch?

Have you had any joy contacting Etsy Support about this? (I realise that's a very long shot!)

Labels (4)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution
3 Replies

Re: Global Pricing - Intermittent Glitches?

Jump to solution

Aahhh - I didn't spot these newer posts.

It's very odd, I rarely use the "New" listings format, but will follow the advice given.

Thanks for your help

x

1 Like

Re: Global Pricing - Intermittent Glitches?

Jump to solution

Of course it is a glitch.  Etsy has glitches in every section of their website and they are currently working on the few they might have missed.  They even go back and add new ones just to keep it interesting.  This is what constant, unsupervised testing gets you - glitches where there were none before.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.