Gift notes don't have a "from" section

Gift notes should have a section where the buyer is noted. Many buyers don't know that they need to sign their name as part of the gift note. The majority of my notes have no "from" name. 

For example "Monica, I'm so happy for your engagement, can't wait to celebrate soon. xoxo"

"Happy Birthday Jenny, love you!"

"So happy for your move! Love always"

I believe in the past the notes did have a small section with the buyer name so this wasn't as big of a deal. I imagine it's confusing for gift recipients to receive these notes with no indication who purchased the gift. When I can find the buyer name I often write it down, but occasionally I'll have a person contact me with no clue who purchased their gift. 

Etsy, can you make this more clear for the buyers??

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
3 Replies

Re: Gift notes don't have a "from" section

I actually received a 1 star review due to this problem with the gift notes.  No complaints about my product but customer was angry that the recipient of the gift had to contact me to find out who it was from.  So frustrating.  I work hard for good reviews so it's frustrating when it's something out of your control.  I've added a note in my shop but not sure if customers read it.  I wish Etsy would add the gift givers name.

0 Likes

The last one I printed said 'from Etsy'. I think that is awful and quite embarrassing

2 Likes

Yes, I have one today and it says "From Etsy".  Huh?  I get brand building but that's just tacky.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.