Getting a Quick Survey Pop up constantly

Every time I click on 1 of my listings I get a pop up in the lower right corner that says quick survey: Quick Survey, are these items ready to pack and ship when an order is received.  Is this normal?  It won't go away.  It's been a week or 2 now and very annoying.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
14 Likes
54 Replies

Re: Getting a Quick Survey Pop up constantly

Sounds like you have malware on your computer or device.  Look for an extension.  Clean out cache and cookies.

I have never gotten that survey before.  I get surveys from Etsy but normally they come to my email.  

3 Likes

Thank you,

I cleared a bunch of cashe yesterday after seeing your suggestion...  it didn't work.  Thank you so much though!!!  I appreciate it!

0 Likes

That is def not gong to work... IT is a survey FROM Etsy asking about inventory and if it's ready to ship or not.

I just started getting it today. Didn't happen yesterday..

11 Likes

@JDTotesNDolls It's a legit survey from Etsy.  I got one this evening.  

1 Like

I am getting them too. I assume it's a test.

11 Likes

I was just chatting with Etsy support and the passive non-how annoying and an inconvenience is as I made that point pretty clear.

1 Like

Good grief.............it's bad enough with the empty cart pop up!

9 Likes
WisenheimerBooks
Conversation Maker

I just started getting them today, each time I edit a listing- getting a little annoying. 

9 Likes

It is very annoying.   Just glad to know i'm not the only one because I was thinking that maybe i have a virus or malware as JDT said above.  So now i'm just not sure.  

0 Likes

I'm getting that today too.

2 Likes

Same here. It only started today and only when I open a listing with the new form.
I've found that I can avoid the new form if I edit a listing from my customer side shop pages.

2 Likes

Me too. Though my items are ready to ship, I don’t want to answer. I’m afraid I’ll get yet more pop ups telling me my processing time is too long and asking why, if my products are ready to ship, haven’t I shipped yet (of course, with short processing times, Etsy expects us to ship on holidays and Sundays thereby forcing us to extend our processing times or get slapped with a payment reserve for late shipping). So…I’m confused.

I wonder if this “survey” is part of the “exciting” news Etsy has in store for us. A new section and a push for “ready to ship”?Same day shipping?

14 Likes
ArtbyFlynnonline
Inspiration Seeker

Me too - that's what I am hoping for! 

0 Likes

@DivineCrossingsThat's what I thought, too. What do you want to bet they'll push personalized and custom items lower in search because they don't ship as fast.

1 Like

@CreeksideCraftwork @I doubt Etsy will ever push personalized aside…it’s been their schtick for years and has been emphasized in their commercials. So, I don’t think it’s cause for worry ; ). Hopefully, you’re safe.

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Same here ... annoying!

1 Like

Super Annoying!

1 Like

GROOOAAAN!   This is getting SO ridiculous!  Today I had my second eye surgery--afterwards I sat in the car while my husband ran in PetCo and Jo-Ann Fabrics (for me!) to pick up a couple items. When we got home and I got on the computer I found

1. TWO--TWO requests for reviews from  my surgery--The doctor and the surgical center--(GOOD GOD! I had EYE surgery--I can't even SEE yet!)

2. Jo-Ann Fabrics!

3. PetCo

Hearing about this new Etsy test I want to pull out my hair and run screaming to bed and I think I will!  No wonder people get irritated with being asked for reviews for every little thing!

And yes, everything is still blurry--I can type but can barely  read so am not  fixing any typos!

9 Likes

@ThePurplePuppy,

I hear you.

I've had eye surgeries ... but even an eye appointment leaves me semi blind for the rest of the day. 

I commend you for trying.

I try to read my Kindle with the font as large as possible and even that is trying. 

1 Like

@The PurplePuppy - OMG…hope you feel better soon! : ). And, yes, the constant and instant barrage of review requests everywhere is totally out of control. No sooner do I look for something on line than I’m seeing ads for it on Facebook. It’s ridiculous!

0 Likes

I switched back to the old listing page and no longer get the extremely annoying pop up. 

2 Likes
ZenCatPottery
Conversation Maker

OMG!  I am SO sick of all the pop ups on Etsy like when I leave something in my cart every time I look at a different item I get a pop up about purchasing the item in my cart.  And if I look at the item in my cart again, there’s a pop up telling me that it’s already in my cart.  That’s just examples.

2 Likes

@ZenCatPottery,

I no longer put things in my cart because the pop-ups got so annoying.

I was creating a cart of baby items but was waiting for the grandchild to actually be born before purchasing. And nursery decor ... but wanted to order everything at once. 

There are good reasons for carts but unfortunately, a cart on Etsy is just too annoying to have anymore.

1 Like
ZenCatPottery
Conversation Maker

@GlassyFields   It’s sad too b/c when something is in my cart I’m more likely to buy it than if I just faved it.  Although I’m sure that is not true of everyone, it’s likely true of a fraction of shoppers.  So these pop-ups may well be costing sellers sales.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.