HoltzMillworks
Inspiration Seeker

Free Shipping Guarantee Turned on Without Initiating it Myself

Has anyone experienced their free shipping guarantee being turned on by itself? This is at minimum a 4 click process in a low traffic area of the dashboard. We use calculated shipping and I am the only person managing our pages. One of the shops for our company suddenly was offering free shipping on almost all of our orders when it was discovered that the free ship guarantee had been turned on. I say that it has been turned on by itself because I am certain that I have not been in this specific page for about a year and suddenly it has turned back on and now we have to eat the shipping costs for the day.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Free Shipping Guarantee Turned on Without Initiating it Myself

well, firstly, you don't have to 'eat' the cost. You can refund the buyers with your apologies for a mistake. But I get why you may not wish to do that.

secondly, no, I haven' had that happen, but I HAVE had listings that I didn't want to promote...promoted. I have to go through all of my listing and 'turn off' many each & every time I check. Not sure why. Just did the check: 3 had to be fixed.

sorry that this is happening to you. Frustrating, I know.

0 Likes
TazamarazVintage
Conversation Maker

I looked at your shop and didn't see anything about Free shipping

0 Likes

1) he says it was in one of his shops. Doesn't specifically state it was in this shop. There are no other shops listed, so it could be anywhere. 

2) I assume it was turned off as soon as it was realized. 

0 Likes

just noticed that you mentioned one of your shops. All shops, owned by a single person, need to be listed in all other shops. First, it helps give you more business (people see my shop, buy and then a week or so later, they've bought from my other one). Secondly, it is an Etsy requirement.

0 Likes

There's also only one shop member, which I find that hard to believe, at least with all the we's and our's. 

1 Like

This just happened to me as well. I’m so freaking pissed.  I have never set up Free shipping guarantee (I’m not dumb, I know how to use Etsy and would never offer free shipping), my items are all medium/low priced and I’m fine with that until I’ll reach a certain number of sales. 
I got two orders that had combined items, two of which will cost me $10+ each to ship. I am basically just losing money because of this stupid thing Etsy did to me. No matter what customer support says I HAVE NEVER TURNED FREE SHIPPING GUARDANTEE ON. 

As always Etsy is burying worse and worse and screws people over again. I can’t wait until I can redirect people to my own website. 

0 Likes
LeParisMetro
Conversation Maker

You don’t have free shipping guarantee turned on.  According to what I see in your shop, you have free shipping for several items. Make sure to check your shipping profiles as they seem to be incorrect if you want to charge for shipping..

0 Likes

@MidnightWitcheryShop 

You don't have FSG set on, I put items in my basket over $35, and shipping was still charged,

you have some stickers, and magnets, that have free shipping in their profile, but they are cheap, and way under the fsg

0 Likes

@LeParisMetro 

@CraftyCornishMaids

you’re not seeing “free shipping guarantee” because I had to figure out how to turn in off, and avoid more loss with future orders. 

The only items that have with free shipping are in-fact items under $5. For anything else, buyers have to pay for shipping. 

this is 100% a bad move made by Etsy. Free Shipping Guarantee is by default ON, I will never believe their BS when saying “sellers need to turn in on”. 

0 Likes

FGS is not on by default,

sometimes etsy puts up a prompt, for us to switch FSG on, with words such as .... do you want to reach more customers ... or get more sales ... or get priority in searches, .... if you click on the yes, rather than clicking off - and they are right next to each other, you could easily have switched it on yourself

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.