ElevonStore
Inspiration Seeker

For New Sellers

Jump to solution

So I was just wondering if someone could give me advice of my shop cause we've been here for quite a long time and we just sold 3 products, It's kind of hard and depressing, someone open for a collaboration? just text us. Advice is well recived Thanksss

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: For New Sellers

Jump to solution

@ElevonStore   Six months is not quite a long time to be on Etsy, and you could do worse than 3 sales.  You will get more help if requested under critiques.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
28 Replies

Jump to solution

you should request this thread to move to Critiques. We've encouraged by Etsy to not respond outside of that forum.

I see many concerns.

2 Likes
ElevonStore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

oh I'm sorry, didn't know how this works but thanks you, how can I move it?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

What is a premium digital product? 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'm assuming that means that the seller actually created the product themselves -- it's not PLR, it's not a template from Canva, Creative Fabrica, etc. and it's not stolen content. Resold templates for planners (as an example) are often really basic bordering on useless. Original designs and/or written content that were created with some degree of skill and/or background knowledge of the subject matter might be considered "premium". 

I have purchased digital occupational therapy and mental health resources created by registered OTs/counselors/psychologists and those are examples of what I would consider "premium".

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Ask admin to move it by dropping down Options and then messaging Admin.  Or you can ask them to close and you will open a new thread in shop critiques.

0 Likes
ElevonStore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

okay thanks u!

0 Likes
ElevonStore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

A premium digital product is a profuct that is tailor made to cover the necessities of certain types of clients. The creation of this products do not involve AI, they are done by me,Elevon, who aim to cover the needs of certain people with the products I create

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yes, lots of potential concerns.  What do you consider to be “quite a long time”?

1 Like
ElevonStore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

just likee 6 months

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ElevonStore   Six months is not quite a long time to be on Etsy, and you could do worse than 3 sales.  You will get more help if requested under critiques.

0 Likes
DOKOcreations
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

All that AI generated text is annoying. It’s just over the top, empty verbiage filled with bloated adjectives. Write your own.

Your shop lacks focus. From budget planners to eBooks to digital wall art, it just looks like you’re trying to put up a bunch of things that somebody on YouTube said would be an easy way to make money on Etsy. Your shop announcement says:

”Our range spans from artistic inspirations to organizational tools, catering to every preference and requirement.“

That’s not a selling point, that’s just a weak attempt at trying to be everything to everybody, which never works.

Selling an “Ultimate guide to Etsy SEO” is not only presumptuous, but pretty much destroys your credibility, coming from a shop with 3 sales.

Pay more attention to detail. Any shop selling products based on their expertise needs to build trust. Your AI Finance ChatGPT (eBook?) has the word Finance misspelled as FINAANCE on the cover. In your shop member bios, you mention why you started an Etsy shop, but it doesn’t have the same name.

You really need to figure out what you are passionate about, and in what niche you can create value for your customers. Then focus like a laser on that. Good luck!

10 Likes

Jump to solution

Missed the SEO guide.

Yeah. Right. UhHuh...

1 Like
ElevonStore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I mean thanks I guess, was not generated by AI anyways

0 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

"I mean thanks I guess, was not generated by AI anyways"

That's not altogether accurate is it? The 3 that I looked at had that same flavor of every other AI description.

Elevate, Immerse, Captivate, Transform Your Space. 

4 sets of words classic AI and each one came from just the 3 I looked at. 

Boring. Boring. Boring and so full of fluff it may as well be a marshmallow.

You should know all your products better than anyone. Use your own words.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I tried to read the whole description and just couldn’t. It might sound nice but I didn’t find actual information about the product. 
Here is one example,

2x3 Ratio: Choose from the more intimate 6''x9'' to the large-scale 20''x30'' prints, available in inches and centimeters to complement your decor.

How is being in inches and centimeters going to complement my decor? 
I don’t think anyone would think intimate about a 6x9 print. 
They just don’t make any sense. 

3 Likes
TinTeddy
Community Maker

Jump to solution

It really is very hard to read.

1 Like
Natalya1905
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

"...we've been here for quite a long time and we just sold 3 products..."

One of your products is "SEO Strategies for Etsy Sellers: The Ultimate Guide". Also, "Marketing Strategies for Etsy" and "Financial Strategies for Etsy". Do you have another Etsy shop to prove your skills/credibility? 

An unfinished shop with a mix of Van Gogh, Eiffel Tower, ChatGPT and Etsy tutorials, all with overly long AI written descriptions, looks like a set of red flags.  

8 Likes
ShopVanZell
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I am in a similar position how do you get your product moving 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ShopVanZell 

Sell unique products.

Common phrases on POD products are oversaturated on Etsy, so you will struggle to get sales.

AVOID unlicensed trademarks like "Ford Bronco" and "Wifey" unless you want to get take downs and strikes from Etsy.

Unless you are actually Native American, avoid cultural appropriation by removing the images. Some find it very offensive because you are taking money from REAL First Nations artists who may be on reserves without running water.

Take your own photos instead of using mock ups. Mock ups rank poorly in search because they are identical to thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of other products across the web.

4 Likes
ShopVanZell
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

So if anyone have winning ideas how to get to your first 20 sales please email me Zelda

ShopVanZell.Etsy.com

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ShopVanZell   Well, you have 15 sales toward your first 20, which I think is a great start, especially in POD which is extremely overcrowded.  

0 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Definitely ask for a shop critique.

Not sure what the technical issue is.

0 Likes
ElevonStore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

If you look up you'll see that I'm new here, I made a mistake  and I wrote and admin to change it to critics but you prefer to comment withou looking, ok, thanks for your comment.

0 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@ElevonStore   I can't get past the AI.   When I see words like "ethereal hues" and "captivating", I move on.  I like to purchase from shops that sound as if they belong to "real" people, who can write their own text.  The AI is pretentious and totally over the top.  I think shops that use it, perhaps as a shortcut, are doing their businesses a disservice. JMO.

6 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.