Fixed an incorrect tracking Number, but the item still counts against me for star seller.

Jump to solution

My receipt from the post office had a three on it at the very end of the tracking number, but then I noticed my shipping dropped from 100% down to 92% because the package I just shipped must have had was "missing tracking info", so I looked again and realized that the three was actually an eight and just not printed very clearly on my receipt. I went to the website on my desktop and edited the shipping number so it's now correct,but that item is still counting against me for my shipping stats. The correction was made within about 3 hours of me originally shipping the item. Does this mean it will always count against me or do those stats update since I was able to edit the shipping for that item to make it correct.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fixed an incorrect tracking Number, but the item still counts against me for star seller.

Jump to solution

@RowlandRediscovered: How long ago did you ship? Have the packages been scanned? Usually a day or two after the package has been scanned the CSV file correctly shows tracking and shipment status and Star Seller stats auto update.

View solution in original post

1 Like
8 Replies

Re: Fixed an incorrect tracking Number, but the item still counts against me for star seller.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would go on Etsy chat to discuss the issue with them.  

Kind regards!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If you changed it the tracking number, etsy changes the ship date, to the day you made the change

that could have made it late, so counted against you - ship ON TIME with tracking

0 Likes

Jump to solution

He said it was about 3 hours, so I would think it's likely on the same day as it was actually shipped. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

It might update still. How long ago did you make the change? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@RowlandRediscovered: How long ago did you ship? Have the packages been scanned? Usually a day or two after the package has been scanned the CSV file correctly shows tracking and shipment status and Star Seller stats auto update.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thanks so much. You were right. It took about 24 hours for my star seller percentage to update. Even though the tracking information updated and was visible right away, it wasn't reflected on the star seller dashboard for a full day. I should have been more patient, but it freaked me out to see my percentage drop below the threshold.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@RowlandRediscovered For future reference, you have three days to enter/update/change Tracking information. After three days no changes are possible. 

This can be an issue at the end of the Month as the "Aftership" database sometimes takes days to update and changes to update/correct Tracking, whilst possible for 3 days, will not update in time for the next Month Badge. But this will corect for the following Month's evaluation.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Off subject: please "rediscover" your avatar and straighten it up.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.