Hi everyone,

you probably seen 100s of these messages but I just wanted to make sure If I really got scammed.

It all started after posting my first few listings. I got about 4 private messages with the subjects "Support" "Technical Agent" "Etsy support" "Verification"

Each message notified me that I would receive an email to verify my store. True be said I did receive a few links in my email which took me to a page along these lines[This content has been removed by Moderation. Do not share unsafe links in the Forums.] It seemed legit given the web address name and the Etsy logo next to the web address.

I started speaking to lady called Adora. In order to verify my account I needed to run a transaction to prove my bank account is real. Silly me I accepted. She then said, to get a refund and full verification on my store I would have to run another transaction. Thats when the alarm bells started going!

I decided to end the chat upon being told that my store would be suspended. The transaction was just over £100 to a name called Hellcase.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Kind regards

Neil

Re: First day using Etsy and I get scammed?

Jump to solution

I think Etsy could probably save a lot of future pain if they sent every shop a message explaining that messages from Etsy will only appear in the From Etsy folder with a From Etsy tag, and some pictures making it absolutely clear. At the very least do it with new shops. People don't necessarily read every email or dashboard notification as many are promotional or not relevant to the individual. But people read their messages. Well.. just an idea.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Jump to solution

It is there for new shops,

It's in yellow, and it's huge, about a third of the screen

You can also click through to more info, which does have pictures too

but they click it off without reading it.

0 Likes
MajaPrintables
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I feel like I get a Scam pretty much every time I login. There is no need to react and the message should be marked as a scam.

Maja

1 Like
FiloDiMariacLana
Inspiration Seeker

Rif.: First day using Etsy and I get scammed?

Jump to solution

Salve a me hanno detratto 100 euro e mi chiedono di caricare la carta di 300 euro per ridarmeli... È un truffa?

0 Likes

Rif.: First day using Etsy and I get scammed?

Jump to solution

@FiloDiMariacLana: "Is this a scam?" YES ! You need to contact the card issuer immediately to report this.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.