birdfeedertree
Inspiration Seeker

Failure for auto message to respond within 24 hrs affecting star seller status

I'm really annoyed as when I just checked my star seller status I found that my message response has dropped to 94%  due to one message not being answered within 24 hrs. I have had 100% on messages, sending and 5 star reviews for months and months.... 

I have an auto respond so i didn't know how this could have happened, when i checked with an Etsy agent she said that it was because a message had not been responded to on 1st April within 24 hrs. The auto respond had not kicked in and this was why, furthermore it was easter Monday and hence we were not working but i was confident that the auto response would have responded and I could answer as soon as we began work on Tuesday. 

In fact , I did respond to the customer within 27 hrs as soon as I could on Tuesday. Despite this not being my fault and a technical glitch by Etsy, I will loose my Star seller status for next month, which seems wholly unfair as all my other messages are answered promptly. 

Apparently the agent said there is nothing they can do manually to override this error. 

Wholly unfair, please help Etsy.....

Many thanks

Hannah

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Re: Failure for auto message to respond within 24 hrs affecting star seller status

Auto respond for an open shop only lasts 5 days, then you have to reset it.

Vacation auto reply can be set for the full time you are on vacation.  

0 Likes

Re: Failure for auto message to respond within 24 hrs affecting star seller status

Auto respond only works for the number of hours for which it is set.  It does not automatically "kick in" as far as I  know.

Etsy has made a policy of not correcting these sort of things - if they did, that's probably all they would get done...lol

It takes 19 answered messages to offset the 1 not answered so it may be more than a month if you don't get a lot of messages.

0 Likes

You can set auto response 3 ways

1. Vacation, but it does not sound like you did that

2. set for all hours for all days, up to max 5 days, but you have to select the time period, the default is 1 hour

3. Set for number of hours, and days of the week  - this is just that, if you normally have a Monday as a working day, it's a working day, there is no way to exclude holidays for whatever country you are in. - you would have to set that manually, with no 1 or 2 above, when a holiday approaches in your country.

If you set it as number 3, and Monday is set as a working day, it is no glitch, it is working as intended.

1 Like

I thought I was losing my mind but I believe Etsy is glitching regarding auto-response. I looked at a message I had yesterday that didn't get my auto-response. Auto-response showed that it was expiring today, 4/27, so there should have been no need to reset it yesterday at 4:00pm EST in the US. Regardless, auto-response didn't work. I always respond personally within 24 hours but I keep it on now due to the spam message glitch. It sounds like there's something amiss here in the messaging system regarding auto-response.

0 Likes

This from Etsy on auto-reply messages - 

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015654988-How-to-Send-Messages-to-Buyers?segment=selling

One thing to remember is if going into Vacation Mode, set up auto reply while on the vacation mode 'set up' pages. Then auto reply will stay active until you reopen your shop. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.