FEATURE REQUEST for Etsy: Notify me when a size in a multi-size listing runs out

When I list items with multiple sizes - often one size will run out and I wont know it. I've missed sales because I didn't know restocking needed to be done. I have way too many listings to check them all often enough.

I need to be notified when one sizes runs out in a multi-size listings. A restock alert. This could be a check box we click when making the listing.      __ Notify me when an item in this listing sells out. 

This feature could increase sales for many shops = more money for you.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
8 Replies

Re: FEATURE REQUEST for Etsy: Notify me when a size in a multi-size listing runs out

You can use Etsy plus to have the restocking ability work.  Etsy has not made it generally available to everyone.

0 Likes

Re: FEATURE REQUEST for Etsy: Notify me when a size in a multi-size listing runs out

Etsy plus allows for buyers to "request restock" of sold out items. If the buyer does this, the seller is notified

Sellers are not notified if one of the variations within a listing simply sells out without someone requesting a restock.

0 Likes

the other reply below said it only works if someone requests items be restocked? How is that different than them sending us a message saying the same? Etsy plus? never heard of it. Considering this feature would increase sales= make them more money- its in their best interest to make it available to everyone.

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Etsy plus? never heard of it. Considering this feature would increase sales= make them more money- its in their best interest to make it available to everyone.

It is available to all, at a cost of $10US per month.    You will find it under Settings/Your subscription from the menu at left of your Dashboard window.

0 Likes

YES PLEASE!!!

0 Likes

I consider this as part of keeping good inventory records.   I use an Excel spreadsheet and update daily - old fashion first in first out accounting.  I can also see at a glance, what's selling (or not) and what to make ahead to keep my best selling items in stock.

1 Like

As an Etsy shop owner this is your responsibility to keep track of your inventory and sales, not Etsy's. Regardless of the size of your shop or how much time you have to devote to your shop, that is up to you. As others have stated, creating a spreadsheet can make this chore easier for you. It's up to you, not Etsy.

1 Like
DragonflyDreams1
Conversation Maker

Check the quantities in each listing once, then the best advice I can give is when you sell something, click on the listing in the order and update the quantities available. If you do it for each sale you will always have the quantities available that you want. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.