FAO UK Sellers - a bug potentially impacting sales

Jump to solution

I noticed a large dip in sales on three key lines over the past 3 days (22nd, 23rd & today). Two of the lines are regular sellers, and one is a 40+ per day seller. Upon investigation, I noticed that all three are items I do not sell to the USA due to trademark issues (I own UK trademark, but someone else owns the USA).

The bug appears to be, that on the buyer side of my account, if you search for ANYTHING, it defaults to a filter of "Delivers to the USA", so those 3 items do not show up in search because i do not sell them there. If I manually change the filter back to delivers to the UK, my items show up just fine. (I should add, all my international items show up just fine with either search). If I do another search, it automatically resets the filter back to "Delivers to the USA".

If I log out altogether and search it's fine, and if I log into a friends account, theirs is fine also (they do not have a seller account though). So it is account specific, but my sales drop indicates it's not just my account. I have already checked all my settings etc with Etsy support and they confirm everything is ok and can't explain the issue - it's been moved to their technical team and i am awaiting a reply.

Could I ask UK sellers to check their buying side with a search for anything, and see if the filter appears for "Delivers to the USA", if so, please let me know here (below) because if i can show it is not just me, I might get it treated with a bit more urgency in this vital selling period!  Hugely appreciate your help with this!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: FAO UK Sellers - a bug potentially impacting sales

Jump to solution

@PartyPeopleCompany 

it is then something in your account,
etsy thinks your account is usa, or are looking to ship things to usa.

normally, this is you have selected ship to usa, in a listing you viewed , where is shows ship from-to

or you have selected it, bottom left

there are no other reports in the forum, which I would have expected by now, if it was a general bug

View solution in original post

2 Likes
14 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi, on the items I searched for, it is showing everywhere.  Sorry

1 Like

Jump to solution

It only does that, when you have previously changed a "ships to" on a listing, and haven't changed it back.

or the setting at the bottom of the page is set to a country other than yours.

That's where etsy takes it's default "ships to XX" filter from.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@CappuccinoLace wrote:

It only does that, when you have previously changed a "ships to" on a listing, and haven't changed it back.

or the setting at the bottom of the page is set to a country other than yours.

That's where etsy takes it's default "ships to XX" filter from.

Hi, yes, thats how it's supposed to work, but there is a bug where it is defaulting to USA instead. Thats why I am posting here.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PartyPeopleCompany 

You don't have your location set, so anyone in the UK clicking "ships in 1-3 days, or ships from UK, all your items disappear from search

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000344268-How-to-Add-Your-Shop-s-Location

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Good spot! However, that's not fixed the issue I'm having. To be clear, whats happening is that when I search on Etsy (as a customer looking to buy products would), at the very top left of the screen after I've searched is a small box just under the bit that says 'All Filters' saying 'Delivers to the USA'. My item doesn't deliver to the USA, so it doesn't show up.

I can then go into the filters and remove this, which then displays my item. However, as soon as I search for anything else, the 'Delivers to the USA' filter reappears!

If this is happening for more people than just me (and by my sales of the 3 specific products that don't ship to USA, I can only assume it is), then this is a problem!!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PartyPeopleCompany 

have you checked the bottom left, on the etsy screen (not dashboard)?

it has country, language, and currency

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, all settings are correct (Etsy support have also confirmed this. It is a bug.)

0 Likes
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

When I search, the default Shop location is Anywhere -- with the other choices being Europe, UK, Custom (with dropdown to select another country)
I then choose UK
Delivers to: United Kingdom

So if you are seeing USA as default, somewhere you have a location set as USA

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@Marmalady wrote:

When I search, the default Shop location is Anywhere -- with the other choices being Europe, UK, Custom (with dropdown to select another country)
I then choose UK
Delivers to: United Kingdom

So if you are seeing USA as default, somewhere you have a location set as USA

Honestly, I have everything set correctly as UK. This is a bug. Etsy have confirmed this ;0)

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Are you using the website (on browser) or the Etsy app?

The only way I can get the 'Items from United States' filter to be applied automatically is by setting my buyer region to US and then choose 'Ready to ship in 1-3 days'.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@Amaradorn wrote:

Are you using the website (on browser) or the Etsy app?

The only way I can get the 'Items from United States' filter to be applied automatically is by setting my buyer region to US and then choose 'Ready to ship in 1-3 days'.

This is account specific. it happens on multiple PCs, but on those same PC's I can log into a different account and it works fine.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PartyPeopleCompany 

it is then something in your account,
etsy thinks your account is usa, or are looking to ship things to usa.

normally, this is you have selected ship to usa, in a listing you viewed , where is shows ship from-to

or you have selected it, bottom left

there are no other reports in the forum, which I would have expected by now, if it was a general bug

2 Likes

Jump to solution

You cracked it - honestly didn't realise what you meant until that last post!  So the actual LISTING postage option permenently overrides all my default shipping settings set in the account screens....  I guess that's still a bug, but I am stunned Esty support didn't recognise it and explain how to fix.

You guys rock! thanks for all your help!  Now I just need to go back to the drawing board on why those three items have dipped in sales!  lol

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids  is always the best person to solve anything, glad you got it sorted, as for Etsy support! no comment lol

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.