pamspartyshoppe
Inspiration Seeker

Ever since the API issues I have had zero sales! Anyone else experiencing this??

Hey everyone,

For the past 8 days I have had absolutely no sales. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Thank you, Pam

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Ever since the API issues I have had zero sales! Anyone else experiencing this??

No, its been a good week.  What is API and what issues were there?

0 Likes
MrsDsHandKnits
Conversation Maker

Re: Ever since the API issues I have had zero sales! Anyone else experiencing this??

What API issues?

0 Likes

@beadedwire @MrsDsHandKnits the API issues that disconnected all 3rd-party integrations, including shipping apps. 

@pamspartyshoppe did you ship any orders late due to the API issues? That might hurt you in search these days (not sure)
It looks like you usually average a bit over 1 sale a week, so no sales in 8 days is not that odd, really. All of us have slower times for many reasons, and if you often don't sell for 4-5 days in a row, 8 days is within normal variation. 

I hope things pick up for you soon!

3 Likes

No, I haven't been experiencing this. My shop has been picking up in the last two weeks.  However, it hasn't been odd for my shop to see slower times in-between, especially in this specific year.  I hope sharing this helps.  I doubt the two issues are related.  

0 Likes

I have had no sales in a week, which is unheard of for me. I hope it picks up soon. Donating plasma now to make up for the lost income. 

3 Likes
NostalgieCT
Conversation Maker

Except for the donating plasma part, same is true for me as well. Zero sales this entire week, lower than average views/visits, favs come in bursts then a day or more passes w/o any action at all like my shop is completely invisible.  New listings don't matter one bit.

Before June I was clearing $12-1300 a month, June it was $350, July a bit better because of one big sale, August is on track for $350. All 5 star reviews, same merch quality, same processes, no late shipping or deliveries, no IP issues or customer complaints.  What is going on?

0 Likes

Before personalized search, we were able to predict very accurately our sales (even down to day by day) but now it is a roller coaster with no discernible pattern. I know that when we look for something specific to purchase, personalized search makes it much harder to find what we are actually looking for than it used to be. I guess that the algorithm thinks it knows better than I do what I am looking for.

3 Likes

Yes, the algorithm does not work properly at all and comes up with stupid results which have no real relation to the search terms.  Etsy should either make it work properly (unlikely to happen any time soon) or go back to the old (better) system.

1 Like

Last week was the best week I've had all summer. I've gotten quite a few orders for my higher priced items, which has is unusual lately. 

1 Like

REtail business is a roller coaster.  Can't always be going upwards.  Ups and downs are normal and ought to be prepared for.

Right now things are going south again economy wise.  Rising prices are expected to continue.  Not everyone has the same discretionary funds they had last year.  The holidays are coming and some may be reserving funds for holiday needs.

In the US, the southwest and the south are getting slammed by rain and floods.

There are just a lot of things going on that is going to cause a pause.  I'm just about through my slow time as I have had every year on Etsy.  Just starting to get some of the normal return to fall and the holidays shopping business.

0 Likes

For us, yes. But here's the thing — our sales are actually flat versus the year-ago period. Our sales are just naturally slow at this time of year.

Correlation is not automatically causation. I don't see the mechanical connection between the API issues and buyers not buying. Sales could have come in, like always. The only difference being that I would have had to enter the information manually into Printful instead of trusting them to pick it up.

0 Likes

Ok I'll admit I'm concerned about this.  I was having my best year ever, I guess it still is, but things started slowing down around mid July and now are dead.  I still have a few hours left, but it may be a weekend with not one sale.  I can't remember the last time that happened.  Slow time of year and higher prices every where else bleeding people dry?   

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.