Euros and Germany instead of our actual settings being shown to customers and shop owners

I have German ancestry but I have lived in the USA all my life.  Why has my shop and all the other shops on Etsy started showing our prices in Euros and shows that I'm shipping from Germany?  I've checked my settings but nothing there has changed.  When I go to look at my own listings from within the Shop Manager listings they are shown in US dollars and the prices remain as I set them.  Is this some sort of goofy protest that Etsy has forced on the rest of us for the latest Supreme Court ruling?  I just want my stuff to accurately show their prices in US dollars, to state my actual shipping from location, and to be left out of these woke / political stunts and gimmicks.

I don't ship outside the USA.  The only thing I have that can be purchased outside my country are the digital downloads.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
AmoreTreasure
Conversation Maker

Re: Euros and Germany instead of our actual settings being shown to customers and shop owners

"Is this some sort of goofy protest that Etsy has forced on the rest of us for the latest Supreme Court ruling?" and "woke / political stunts" - HUH???  LOL, conspiracy theory.  I'm in the U.S. and when I pull up your shop and tons of others, prices are in US Dollars and showing your items ship from the U.S..   

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Euros and Germany instead of our actual settings being shown to customers and shop owners

Your listing say you ship from Stone Mountain, Georgia and your prices are USD.

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

I'm in the UK. I see you are in Georgia, United States. Your prices are in GB Pounds (£) as that is my local currency plus that is what my Etsy Buyer settings are set to.

I'm not sure where you are seeing this issue. It's possible you have accidentally set your Etsy buyer settings to Germany and Euros to check something and then left it that way. I have been known to do this on occasion. Buyer settings are separate to your shop settings. Buyer settings are at the bottom left of the main Etsy search pages.

0 Likes

" Is this some sort of goofy protest that Etsy has forced on the rest of us for the latest Supreme Court ruling? "

What?!?!?!  What does that even have to do with your issue at all? I'm so confused how you got from a currency display issue to anything that has to do with the latest Supreme Court ruling?!?!? What does one thing have to do with the other??? Absolutely nothing from what I can tell. It's more likely a setting issue on your end.

"I just want my stuff to accurately show their prices in US dollars, to state my actual shipping from location, and to be left out of these woke / political stunts and gimmicks."

If that's all you want then awesome...you got it. Your stuff is showing in US dollars and shipping from Stone Mountain, GA. Again, not sure what any of this has to do with politics or recent rulings. It seems that you are the one participating in or suggesting any "woke political stunt and gimmicks" not etsy.

3 Likes

Is this some sort of goofy protest that Etsy has forced on the rest of us for the latest Supreme Court ruling?

Huh? Come again?

3 Likes

Your location is correct and every purchaser can set the currency they prefer to see at the very bottom of the shop page [NOT in shop manager, dark blue background, left side]. If you see Euros instead of dollars, YOU messed with the viewing settings (not in the shop settings).

Just fix it.

Btw pretty daring to call out woke and politics, while trying to earn money on the war in Ukraine. Are those at least to be donated [nothing like that mentioned in the listing] or just found a "great" occasion to earn some bucks on people's tragedy?

2 Likes
FancyTogs
Community Maker

Viewing settings are particular to the user looking at the listings. Any user, including yourself, will see your shop using the settings for their user account. The user settings are seperate from shop settings.

Scroll to the bottom of any of the marketplace pages and there is a display of your user settings for region (country), language and currency. Click on them to change. Logged in user settings are saved on Etsy's servers. Logged out settings are different for each browser and device, they are saved on your device in browser cookies. The apps also have user settings and have a reputation for overriding logged in user settings.

Lawrence (Clare's other half)

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.