Etsys Removal of lisitng: 2 removed!

Hi guys,

2 of my listings on Etsy were removed for violation of handmade policy but i cant seem to understand how this can possibly be true when me and my wife are the ones who are heavily involved in the designing and the production of our felted goods (cat caves in this case). There is no second copy of the items we sell and this is the reason we think we have found some degree of success: our ethos heavily revolving around originality. (By the way we put up videos of how our products are made so it's visible to the buyer the production side of things).

We suspect it is because of the following reasons:

1) We use the same images on our website so Etsys AI Crawler might think the product is not unique enough

2) We found some drop-shipping companies using our OWN images on their site so Etsys Crawler might think it's a mass produced item.

We are absolutely gutted and don't know what to do about this since it is impossible to talk to anyone in support regarding this.

Thank you for reading and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Etsys Removal of lisitng: 2 removed!

If YOUR images are being used by others, you should ask them to take the images down.

2 Likes

We have already started doing this.

0 Likes
Jewels2at
Community Maker

You need to file a DMCA with the company that is using your images.

1 Like

As of now we have found about 6-7 websites and all of them are drop-shipping companies from the looks of it since they are still using our own brand name. We have simply asked them to remove the images and the listings for now but we are not sure how much this will help and there still remains the problem to convening all of this to the Etsy Team when all we are getting back are auto-generated messages. 

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

I see 2 problems that may be causing the violations issue:

• Your shop is in UK, but you're selling "fair trade" items from Nepal ... fair trade items are not legal on Etsy.
  • You mention "cashmere" in your shop announcement ... that word always seems to cause issues on Etsy (prohibited item?).
3 Likes

Hi there,

1) Yes, we are allowed to have a production partner as many sellers do on Etsy. It is our own in-house team who help us make the item. We wanted to join the many communities in Nepal with the fair-trade label just to show we are not taking advantage of the socio-economic conditions there.

2) Cashmere is allowed. Synthetic, Acrylic or Viscose fabric branded as Cashmere is prohibited.

0 Likes

The thing that is even more surprising is that one of the product removed was actually on "Etsy's Pick"

0 Likes

I don’t think people at Etsy even look at what is there for the picks. There have been many items there that are not Etsy legal. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.