IndoorTropics
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy tracking info saying incorrect when tracking is correct

I have two orders over the last three months that are for the same buyer where I've updated with the tracking info right from USPS to Etsy. The Etsy platform is saying I provided incorrect tracking info, however when you click on the tracking number that was input into Etsy, it shows the correct tracking and statuses for the package. I've had no issues with tracking infos being incorrect with any other orders.

I've contacted Etsy support three times now over the last month and a half to find out what is wrong with the tracking numbers, and they've told me that it's an issue with a communication between Etsy and USPS where the Etsy platform isn't updating correctly.

I now have both of those orders sitting in pre transit limbo on my account and have negatively effected my star seller rating. I've contacted the buyer to see if there was any issues with the tracking on her end and to make sure she was receiving her order, and she has confirmed she's received the packages and she sees it all updated correctly on her end. 

Etsy support that I've just talked to again today, has told me he would have to pass it along and to contact the IT forum and they would help to resolve the issue and at least move the orders to delivered to help resolve the issue of both orders stuck in pre transit and effecting my rating. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: Etsy tracking info saying incorrect when tracking is correct

Contact live support via you chat bubble in the dashboard.

This happens often and has been going on for over 2 years.

Give them the order number, tracking number & the link to the usps tracking site showing the order has been delivered (or just tell them to look at the chat history from your customer confirming it was received.

With this information, they can manually correct your information in your dashboard and set the order to delivered within minutes.

0 Likes

Re: Etsy tracking info saying incorrect when tracking is correct

@IndoorTropics: If you click on the tracking number link on the actual order and it opens the carrier's tracking page and shows the scan history then you have proof that the tracking information was entered correctly. In that case you should pursue it - while Etsy will not manually adjust Star Seller stats they can, in these cases, fix the underlying data and then the Star Seller stats will auto update (but not retroactively).

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.