Hi,

For context:

I make handmade ceramics and pottery. I take a bunch of clay and mold it by hand or on the potter's wheel. I paint, glaze, and fire everything myself.

I photograph, edit the photos, and write the listing title and description.

Last year Etsy removed some of my soap dishes claiming they were not handmade, I contacted the support and they reinstated the listings.

A month ago the flawed Etsy system removed one of my decorative bottles, I contacted support, and they said my account was under investigation for not following the handmade policy and removed my star seller badge (Your badges were removed because you received a final policy violation warning. ).

Today I woke up to another of my listings removed because it violates the handmade policy. It is a miniature bottle similar to this one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/947969719/handmade-ceramic-mini-bottle-tiny?click_key=af367010357fcc5a06807c2ff4fdbccf2b094851%3A947969719&click_sum=41c1116b&ga_search_query=bottle&ref=shop_items_search_1

How can someone not see that this is handmade ( it even has my handwritten signature on the bottom, which can be seen in the listing photos)

The only explanation is that no one is looking at this. Etsy relies on an automatic system to remove random listings from the website, hurting handmade sellers and leaving all types of mass-produced items available for purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to read through all of this!

My question is if anyone knows how to fix this?

How do I have my listings reinstated?

How do I get my star seller back?

How do I prevent this from happening in the future?

Thank you so much!

Re: Etsy removed my handmade ceramic listing

This has happened to my items as well. Everything is handmade from porcelain clay in my studio since 2015. My images has been stolen couple of times on other websites like the ones mentioned earlier, not sure if that had to do with it.

It took around 3-4 weeks, a lot of messages, mails, phone calls, in other words a lot of work hours wasted. Then all of a sudden in silence the item was re-activated. It was one of my best sellers, so I lost 3-4 weeks of sales by the "mistake"

I hope yours get solved faster and receives more understanding from support.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

I´m glad you managed to have your listing reinstated. We must stay positive!

It would be great if they fixed it in 3 to 4 days instead of 3 to 4 weeks.

0 Likes

Since Etsy is using bots to deactivate listings that appear on other sites and since you have only found your items on your own sites, then the suggestion to use different photos for the first image on each of your sites makes sense. Either that or list different items on each of your sites.

Someone had also suggested that sellers whose images are stolen and listed on other sites frequently change the first image to avoid deactivation on Etsy. Whether this works, I cannot confirm, but it makes sense to me.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.