Etsy put my shop of holiday mode for no reason

I was absolutely horrified to find my shop in holiday mode this morning... it's caused intense stress and I'm balling my eyes out. I don't understand why... there are no cases, there is nothing I have been asked to do and haven't... it's completely out of the blue. I thought I'd been hacked or something :'( Is anyone else in this boat? They shouldn't be able to do this without explaining why.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
40 Replies

Re: Etsy put my shop of holiday mode for no reason

Please help someone... I am falling apart. I don't know what is happening :'(

0 Likes
BetseysBeauties
Conversation Maker

I am so sorry this happened.

A few things to check: 1. Do you have a large number of orders that need to be processed? Etsy will put your shop on vacation for this. 2. Did you check your email for a message from Etsy? 

Try reaching out to Etsy through the Help Center and see if you can get information and assistance.

1 Like

I sell digital items, nothing I sell needs processing. I have had no contact of any kind from Etsy... I have checked my spam folder and everything. It's completely out of the blue.

0 Likes

I don't even know where to go in the help centre to raise a ticket... none of the options are correct. I'm at a dead end and don't know what to do :'(

0 Likes

That Etsy-generated Announcement usually means that they need some form of ID or financial info.  Typically, it happens to new sellers after they've made their first sale.   Surprising that it happened to your 8-year-old shop with a ton of sales though.  Did you look through your regular emails to see if there's something from Etsy, perhaps in the spam folder?  (eta - I now see you have checked.)  If there's nothing, well that's not surprising.

Do you have access to Chat?  Have you tried contacting Support?  

2 Likes

No access to chat. None of the help options are relevant. I have had no emails or any contact at all, checked spam folder :'( 

0 Likes

@FuzzyFoxDesigns Choose 'Trouble signing in' > What do I do if my account is suspended? and you'll see the ''I still need help'' button.

According to the Help section regarding suspended accounts and necessary info:

''Etsy suspends accounts when we have reason to believe our policies have been violated, when shops have an overdue bill, and when shops haven’t submitted information or completed steps that are required so that Etsy can comply with security measures and/or applicable laws.''

There's also a Support button at the bottom of that page:

How to Reinstate Your Suspended Account – Etsy Help

0 Likes

@TheVintagePineapple I don't have any of those options in the help centre :'(

0 Likes

@FuzzyFoxDesigns There are no options when you're on your Dashboard > Community & Help > Contact us?   Nothing at the bottom of the Help link?

0 Likes

@TheVintagePineapple no... everything just leads to the endless list of help options, nothing lets me type anything. I appealed an account suspension ... not that I even know if that is the problem ... as it was the only option I had that actually let me type something :'( I am so sad, I wish I could contact someone at Etsy :'( I've sold here for years and done nothing wrong :'(

0 Likes

Etsy’s Twitter page is full of individuals being shut down and no way of contacting support. They are reaching out there to get help. 

1 Like

They did the same to me today and I am furious. All my information is marked verified. No email nothing

1 Like

At least I'm not alone... but I commiserate. I am in a complete state and I can't use the help centre, there is no option for me anywhere to create a support request ... I just wind up in an endless ocean of irrelevant options to choose from :'(

0 Likes

Mine is back up now... I hope yours isn't too far away. What a mess, that was a whole truckload of heartache that didn't need to happen today

0 Likes

@VectorDesignStudios when they finally restore you, you're going to need to ask to have your badges reinstated. Mine aren't displaying because you lose them if Etsy has limited your account. It's a bummer as I've had mine from the start.

0 Likes

Please everyone... I have no options at all in the help centre that allow me to set up a new support request. Everything leads to dead ends :'( Can someone who has some sort of access submit a support request for me?

0 Likes

@FuzzyFoxDesigns, another seller shared this link to open a support request via email, and I had bookmarked it:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_update_account_email-contact_selec...

See if that will allow you to reach support (although email can mean a wait between a few days and infinity, with Etsy, unfortunately).  I know it's probably no consolation, but there have been lots of threads in the forums recently with sellers in the same situation.  It seems the shutdown bots are in overdrive at the moment.

4 Likes

Thank you so much. I was going a bit crazy trying to find somewhere in the help centre to actually write something :'(

0 Likes

They could have the decency to send an email or something....what a garbage site this is becoming 

1 Like

You can change the announcement to let your customers know that the holiday mode is because of Etsy and has nothing to do with you, I have done that. 

0 Likes

There have been similar posts recently - it sounds like etsy needs some verification, even with established shops.  Unfortunately, they seem to have that "one button" to push to start the process, and it ends up causing Sellers a lot of stress.

I'm so sorry, @FuzzyFoxDesigns  hang in there!

* I'll see if I  can find another thread that's like your case.

4 Likes

0 Likes

The op and another Seller said the Vaca banner was removed later the same day (?) without any contact with Support!

3 Likes

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Could any of your patterns be seen (by a bot) as infringing on copyrighted designs? I'm a bookseller, primarily children's books. Last week for the first time, Etsy's bot flagged a listing, warning not to copy photos from the Web in my item descriptions. I take my own photos, but this book's theme and artwork are distinctive, such as an illustrated (but fun!) caricature of Princess Di on the cover, so the bot may have reacted to that too-famous image. I altered the thumbnail to hide the lower half of Di's face and the notice was dismissed. In selling books, I follow a "judicious use" standard in the use of content and images. But if they've set bots lose to police the rampant infringement around here, there'll be friendly fire. Review your patterns and if you have a doubt about any of the images, delist them and see what happens. I hope your shop reopens soon. Pretty patterns!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.