I was absolutely horrified to find my shop in holiday mode this morning... it's caused intense stress and I'm balling my eyes out. I don't understand why... there are no cases, there is nothing I have been asked to do and haven't... it's completely out of the blue. I thought I'd been hacked or something :'( Is anyone else in this boat? They shouldn't be able to do this without explaining why.

Re: Etsy put my shop of holiday mode for no reason

No, all of my items are completely my own design. I'm at a complete loss. I've had to put notifications up on my social media to let my customers know what is happening :'( It's a horrible thing for a platform to do to someone. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. You've been here a while and have tons of sales. Your Cross Stich Patterns are lovely! It isn't right that Etsy doesn't tell Sellers what the problem is, in my opinion. I do wonder if it's an overzealous bot. I hope you get help and your Shop is reopened soon.

2 Likes

This is really bad.  Let us know when you get it all worked out and how you managed to do this, for the next one of us this happens to.  Hopefully it is worked out quickly.  Etsy never takes these things seriously, which is scary to all small business owners.  I wish I had some help to offer, but it appears others have helped. I keep thinking it maybe a expired credit card, or the tax ID doesn't match the name, or some silly thing like that, and your account should not be in vacation because of these things.  Etsy a couple of years ago just stopped communicating with sellers.  They let the crazy bots cause chaos for all of us...when will they stop this nonsense.  

2 Likes

Make sure to check your finance section, tax info section and so on. It there is an issue, a banner will appear in those sections. Sorry, that's the only thing I could think of. 

0 Likes

I don't have any banners :'( There is nothing in my account that flags what the issue is :'(

0 Likes

@FuzzyFoxDesigns I'm sorry I have no answers for you, just hope that you get it taken care of soon! I am a cross stitcher too, and saw some of your reviews, - your variegated dragonfly is beautiful!  

1 Like

I really wish these things didn't happen on a Friday evening US time... I'm going to be in tears for ages waiting for someone to call me, I really needed this weekend and I'm spending it all in floods :'( The timing really couldn't be worse here.

0 Likes

Etsy is becoming a disaster zone! We need sellers a bail out!!!

1 Like
TheCustomGarage
Inspiration Seeker

Reach out to the support team - they did that with my shop a few weeks ago and my account is always in good standing and almost four years old. The issue was resolved in 12hrs with not a word on what the issue is/was. It cost me an entire day in sales on a Saturday and I only found out because a buyer messaged me asking about stock when I had restocked on Friday after close of business. Good luck  

2 Likes

I have tried... the timing is awful, I'm not sure if they contact people over the weekend in the US :'( 

0 Likes
TheCustomGarage
Inspiration Seeker

It happened on Labour Day weekend for me and they did get back to me but it wasn't 'quick' by any account and on a Sunday. If you didn't get a email like myself and it's just business as usual and out of the blue, I would just hold tight and wait. The support isn't bad usually but I'm sure they are working through a long list of meanial support tickets 

1 Like

My store has just been turned back on. I haven't had any correspondence from Etsy and have no idea what the issue was. My tickets have no response on them. I am really sorry if anyone else has had to go through this today... it's a real nightmare not being able to contact someone and talk about what is happening and how to fix it :'( This is not the way a platform that claims to be all about the makers should be treating people, it caused hours of tears for me today. 

7 Likes

Unfortunately because of what happened I have lost all of my badges :'( That's a pain.

1 Like

My star seller status has mysteriously reappeared. 

0 Likes

Well, this is good news.  Sadly, they never tell us why, etsy really has no idea the definition of the word 'transparency'.  You don't mess with a persons small business, lock the doors, throw away the key and not tell you why.  Even the IRS or Revenue Board will tell you.  My guess another bot mess up, there are so many nowadays, and etsy won't admit to fault, in my experience, never will.  

1 Like
MoonRugsCrafts
Inspiration Seeker

Hi every body my account also has same problem it is about one month that my shop is in vacation mode can any one help me , i tried so much but not effective .......  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.